2024/25 Kevin Thelwell

Thelwell is part of our problem, on the signings side the majority seem to be decent in difficult financial circumstances.

BUT his defence of Dyche is making him look a bit silly, Thelwell has given him a decent squad, certainly one that isn`t bottom 3 in the league which we saw glimpses of but Dyche is making them all look terrible.

If I`m a DoF I`m not leaving Dyche in charge to make my signings look dreadful, if Dyche philosophy is being peddled out across all teams then god help us, if it isn`t get a manager that represents that philosophy.

Thelwell is part of our problem, on the signings side the majority seem to be decent in difficult financial circumstances.

BUT his defence of Dyche is making him look a bit silly, Thelwell has given him a decent squad, certainly one that isn`t bottom 3 in the league which we saw glimpses of but Dyche is making them all look terrible.

If I`m a DoF I`m not leaving Dyche in charge to make my signings look dreadful, if Dyche philosophy is being peddled out across all teams then god help us, if it isn`t get a manager that represents that philosophy.
Thelwell might want to get rid of Dyche but either the directors/ owner ( such as they are ) don't agree and / or can't afford it.

In those circumstances it would be madness to undermine the manager.

I'd still like to see some of these players Dyche allegedly turned down. For me they made a mess of the summer when they didn't sign a left back and a right back.

A competent player on either side and we would be a much better team. We didn't have the luxury of spending a good chunk of money we did have available on a centre back that is currently behind Michael Keane in the managers eyes. Players needed to go in as soon as possible.

Even someone like Sugawara that Southampton picked up (someone we were linked with as well) would have been a solid addition. How they have let it get to the stage we are playing Young at left back and Garner at right back in important premier league games is horrible mismanagement.

Looking at the current crop of signings as they begin to settle in and are given the opportunities to play , I think that Thelwell has performed extremely well at this point .Especially given the circumstances and environment in which he has had to work.
Personally at this point I think he has done more than enough to be awarded a new contract.
If we do get new owners ( or when Moshiri gets through the financial manoeuvring he is presently engaged in ), I would be confident in Thelwell to continue to guide the club .

Looking at the current crop of signings as they begin to settle in and are given the opportunities to play , I think that Thelwell has performed extremely well at this point .Especially given the circumstances and environment in which he has had to work.
Personally at this point I think he has done more than enough to be awarded a new contract.
If we do get new owners ( or when Moshiri gets through the financial manoeuvring he is presently engaged in ), I would be confident in Thelwell to continue to guide the club .
Certainly mangala, Lindstrom ndiaye Iroegbunam obviously not seen enough of O'Brien all look improvements to the squad ,but you are right two athletic forwards thinking fullbacks would transform the team further

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back