2017/18 Kieran Dowell

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably the right move for Him...even if he mightn't think it is. But is it really good for the U23's as a whole, especially the kids who have been here since school...Player wins age grade world cup - sent out on loan. Then 5, 7, 10M Pound players parachuted in in pursuit of a potential on sell fee.

He's clearly the best player in the squad and the one we should have pinned all our Champions League hopes on this season. Cannot believe we've sent him out on loan to get first first chunk of senior footballing experience. Someone get a banner bought for the Stoke game. Wenger out.

We wont see Dowell established in the first team under Koeman. He's about to spend £50M on a player he wont consider dropping as long as he's manager.

It's a tragedy for the lad, but he'll have to hope another PL club comes in for him. And it's a dark day for us if that happens. Another quality player thrown on the bonfire.

19 yrs of age and on the scrap heap
Siggy is 28
Rooney 31
So when Dowell is 23 and starting to come into his prime with a year in the championship and 2/3 yrs getting games in the first team Siggy will be 32 and Rooney gone
See a possible plan anywhere in there Dave
I do and if Dowell doesn't cut the mustard we wil buy someone who will
You have absolutely no idea what Koeman has in mind and neither do I
So chill and enjoy the ride
Or become the full time secretary of the Belgian soccer teams English supporters club
It'll only be a short term position
That I can guarantee you

I think it's worth remembering that the point of a loan (from the parent club's perspective) is not really to let
Forest have Mark Warburton as manager, who seems to have done reasonably well with youth players in the past, including being involved in taking Bidwell and Forshaw to Brentford from us.
Fair point I forgot that Warburton had taken charge there. As I say I really hope that it works out for him as I think its within him to be a real quality player.

good move for him, he's never had a full season of games. if he has a stormer of a season at least we know next season he'll be ready to step up.

think he's boss me. good luck lad

He'll be playing regular football (hopefully ) and against a better standard than most of the teams we'll play in europa league. It's a good move even though I'd love to see him play for us

We wont see Dowell established in the first team under Koeman. He's about to spend £50M on a player he wont consider dropping as long as he's manager.

It's a tragedy for the lad, but he'll have to hope another PL club comes in for him. And it's a dark day for us if that happens. Another quality player thrown on the bonfire.
Which other ones have been thrown on the bonfire ?

I think remarkably few players are let go by our academy and go on to prove us wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back