Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Kieran Trippier

I think they're would be less ire if we didn't already have two fullbacks that were mid thirties and over, but as I stated in another post age is relative , Thiago silva was decent till he was 39
I think some also dislike a manager bringing some familiar players in.

Every manager does it and by and large I don’t mind it. Even Howard Kendall did it between us and Man City. I know he’s a miserable get now, but Andy Hinchcliffe was decent and won a trophy.

I would love to see dixon given an opportunity but like you correctly wrote dyche is so unwilling to take bold moves which ends up being counterproductive not sensible as he intends

If Tarks is out on the weekend mate we may see Dixon at least on the bench, we'd be down to bare bones defensively with our only other CB likely playing RB, of good god we will have Keane and Holgate starting v spurs....

Couple of things,

1. You can only go so long with the "not scoring" option. Its not really a good idea to say "oh we were sound last year, so we'll be sound this year". You don't score you have problems, the lowest scorers in the leagues are the ones who normally get releagted
2. I never said 4th choice, I said 4th right back in the squad
3. Kieran Trippier is not a good defender BTW, his defence stats were on par with Ashley Young last year. So if you want him to "just defend" then you have made the team significantly worse because the only asset he has is crossing the ball

Conversely the worst defensive records in the league normally get relegated too.

He would genuinely put McNeil at right back before he gave Dixon a second of Premier League football.

Fear you're right, thing is if he does do that at least Harrison can play his actual bloody position for once which means he has to then start either Lindstrom or Ndiaye.

Injury crisis eventually leaves him no options but to play certain players 😂

Couple of things,

1. You can only go so long with the "not scoring" option. Its not really a good idea to say "oh we were sound last year, so we'll be sound this year". You don't score you have problems, the lowest scorers in the leagues are the ones who normally get releagted
2. I never said 4th choice, I said 4th right back in the squad
3. Kieran Trippier is not a good defender BTW, his defence stats were on par with Ashley Young last year. So if you want him to "just defend" then you have made the team significantly worse because the only asset he has is crossing the ball
1) Our manager is Sean Dyche. "Scoring" will never really be an option.
2) Fine
3) He doesn't have to be a good defender. He just needs to be a better defender than what we have. He's still better than everything we currently have.

What are our options? Sign the 40 pounds more version of Lukaku? Is a 20 goal a year striker just out there waiting to play for us?

In our current situation, we need to do what we can

Conversely the worst defensive records in the league normally get relegated too.
It’s a good job 3 points is worth more than 1. And you only get 3 points by scoring

Scoring goals, keeping the opponents defence questioning every attack is far more important than playing 8 at the back and hoping you snatch a goal

Dyche played this fine margin game at Burnley and it caught up with him.

1) Our manager is Sean Dyche. "Scoring" will never really be an option.
2) Fine
3) He doesn't have to be a good defender. He just needs to be a better defender than what we have. He's still better than everything we currently have.

What are our options? Sign the 40 pounds more version of Lukaku? Is a 20 goal a year striker just out there waiting to play for us?

In our current situation, we need to do what we can
Unfortunately mate he had almost identical defensive stats to Ashley Young last year

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back