Kit for 24/25

My shirt arrived today, first new shirt since 2015/16, and now laughing at the quality of the embroidered badge compared to that post-it note they put on the players kits.

It's like a 3rd rate music shop selling custom built Gibson les Paul's designed for slash, then turning up to a GNR gig and watching him play this
de186c3296a8240076da53077707d455.jpg

Our garbage players should be forced to play in the kit from 1892 when Everton first moved to Goodison. (A) It’d be a fitting homage to our history and (B) it’d serve the player’s right for being gash, having to toil in a heavy, outdated kit. It might get them fitter too.

Yes, the new kit should be 1892-standard red jersey, blue knickers and blue stockings. No sponsor, no manufacturer logo - just get a local seamstress to knock them out.
Just take the new Castore crap shirts and throw them in a tub with some black dye. The Black wash.... Give them all an orangeman's sash so they dont get confused with the ref and hey presto....

Just looked on the site and they have "almost gone" up on the home pro shirt version. On sale just over a week and they`re trying to make out it`s nearly sold out?

I dunno if this has been mentioned already or if its an observation that's been made before now, but...

...did anyone else notice that before the badge on Gana's kit started flapping off on Friday that he had a bit of a how-to-do with a Sligo player near the corner flag a few minutes before?

The lad grabbed & pulled at the front of his shirt during a little tussle between them - I reckon there's every chance that the badge started coming off the shirt because of that and not just randomly..

I'm not actively trying to defend Castore or anything, but just wanted to point this out 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
My lad just sent me this, apparently doing the rounds online, spotted in a shop “allegedly”

View attachment 266089
This looks real, and it makes it even clearer that the Branthwaite photo was a bad photoshop, since aside from being flat, the pattern was placed at the wrong size, etc. This could still be a counterfeit, but if it is real, I'm not encouraged by the weird puckering by the sleeve seam. It looks like the material may have stretched, but it also looks to have been sewn a bit off. If authentic, then this is the replica and not the "pro" version, because the goofy modern tower is stitched and not applied with library paste.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back