Kit for 24/25

People saying they won’t know it’s Everton?

If it becomes the official badge and they’re watching a football game that involves Everton and don’t recognise who the team is probably shouldn’t be allowed out unattended.
It's about the logo identifying Everton outside of the context of the footy being played in front of you.

At no point is anyone seeing that logo without explicit context that it belongs to us and immediately thinking "Oh, that's Everton that".

It's about the logo identifying Everton outside of the context of the footy being played in front of you.

At no point is anyone seeing that logo without explicit context that it belongs to us and immediately thinking "Oh, that's Everton that".

It’s a tower. Time to get with the times old man.

what colors that one?
I posted that 9th May. Let's see if my Info was right whatever Anti Grey means. Plus for our last Goodison game, we are due to wear the kit we wore the 1st ever Goodison game - Obviously a remake, before you actually think we will wear a 130 odd year old kit :lol:

New kit is Blue for Home.
Black for away..
Anti Grey for 3rd kit

The club badge won't change

What's happened today is simply another Everton marketing mess up. They've had to announce our third kit as our official Away kit because we're playing Coventry tonight who wear light-blue, and our original Away (but now third?) is white, with the normal badge, i.e. too similar in colour. That's literally what has happened and they hoping nobody picks up on it.

People might disagree but I've always thought this variation is quite nice, it's in a few parts of Goodison aswell. If they ever decide to change the badge across the board I think it will probably be to this variant aswell.

Screenshot_20240730-200059~2.png

Great that mate. I prefer the Everton badge and think the tower looks cheap, but I could get behind your design as at least it looks like some thought has gone into it.
Cheers mate - I didn’t think it was too bad and makes more reference to the older badge as well. But what do we know - some swanky agency getting paid mega bucks will be all over it I’m sure ha.

Tbh I quite like that we have a crest/symbol that just the fans know - "if you know, you know", but either way, ppl will get to know it over time, and how well that happens depends on the club, and our success on the field. A bit like the "new" Juventus badge - if you show anyone who doesn't know (Italian) football well they will probably struggle to name what club it is, but we all recognise it it now. (This is one modernisation I still dislike btw - the old badge was soo much better, as is our tower crest imo.)

Exactly. McDs logo is super basic. A stylised M/arches, that is it, but everyone around the world knows what it is/who they are.

I agree that it shouldn't replace the full crest on the home kit. Tbh I'm surprised they've done it on the away, but don't mind it. Happy with it on the 3rd/training gear etc.

Not yet possibly, but again that is on us/the club to get it out there, be successful and drive awareness.

DO YOU WANT ME TO BORE YOU

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back