Kit for 24/25

While I'd point the finger at Castore...it's the going price of most football clubs.

Current championship club example...

Screenshot_20240801-233124.png

Would be more recognisible with the laurel wreaths.

I absolutely detest this 'tower' being promoted by the club. It's nonsense. Prince Ruperts Tower might be synonymous with us (fans) but the wider football world don't know what it is apart from being part of the crest. I think the club must think it is just as famous as a liver bird it just isn't.

But as I said if it's with the laurel wreaths then everyone will recognise it. At the moment it's just a monolith. Equally completely unconnected to PRT.
I think that is missing the point. The Liver Bird was already famous as the emblem of the city, and LFC's success has made it even more famous in football circles, but the club chose a more local landmark in recognition of its roots in that part of the city,and I have no problem with that.

The tower is recognisable to our fan base, and if they wish to simplify the crest I think this version can serve the purpose - wider recognition will only be achieved with success on the pitch.

I think that is missing the point. The Liver Bird was already famous as the emblem of the city, and LFC's success has made it even more famous in football circles, but the club chose a more local landmark in recognition of its roots in that part of the city,and I have no problem with that.

The tower is recognisable to our fan base, and if they wish to simplify the crest I think this version can serve the purpose - wider recognition will only be achieved with success on the pitch.

Your opinion.

I'm simply saying the splodge that is on the current 3rd kit and being put forward on many videos by the club has absolutely no connection to Prince Rupert's tower.

My point about the liver bird is that they have it as a simplified version, like the old 70's & 80's kits, rather than their overgrown crest. Now that works, because everyone knows what it is everyone can recognise it. So from that point of view it works for them.

This fat crayon means absolutely nothing.

I saw some example on twaddle X which actually works. In fact I've seen a couple (the one above). Personally I think it should have the laurel wreaths.

Does anyone know why they're dropping the laurel wreaths?

For me this is a gimmick like the 2013/14 crest it's come from someone outside the club who's just thought, yeah that's make it nice and modern and simplified. Utter buffoon.

Last edited:
It wouldn't be too bad if the Tower had a bit more detail like the one below, but maybe with "EFC" underneath.

In terms of the badge, that’s 10 times better than the one we actually have on the current away kit.
For me, if it just has the Laurel wreaths either side of the tower it would be spot on.
To me the laurel wreaths either side of the tower are at the heart of the badge. I think any football fan would recognise that as, Everton.

Your opinion.

I'm simply saying the splodge that is on the current 3rd kit and being put forward on many videos by the club has absolutely no connection to Prince Rupert's tower.

My point about the liver bird is that they have it as a simplified version, like the old 70's & 80's kits, rather than their overgrown crest. Now that works, because everyone knows what it is everyone can recognise it. So from that point of view it works for them.

This fat crayon means absolutely nothing.

I saw some example on twaddle X which actually works. In fact I've seen a couple (the one above). Personally I think it should have the laurel wreaths.

Does anyone know why they're dropping the laurel wreaths?

For me this is a gimmick like the 2013/14 crest it's come from someone outside the club who's just thought, yeah that's make it nice and modern and simplified. Utter buffoon.
I agree with you about the crayon, that's why I prefer the more figurative version, but including the laurels defeats the object of simplification.

I'm not saying I agree with changing the badge, but the tower is the key element to maintain the local connection.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back