Kit for 24/25

Give Umbro their due, at least their kits lasted. My lad has still got a few that we bought him and they still look good wear wise. None of this bobbling, badges falling off crap we’ve had from Hummel and Castore.
I also rate Umbro pretty highly for kid-proof quality, but I have to say I think Hummel have been even better. We’ve had a load of Hummel kits in this house and they are pretty much all as good as new.

I also rate Umbro pretty highly for kid-proof quality, but I have to say I think Hummel have been even better. We’ve had a load of Hummel kits in this house and they are pretty much all as good as new.

The couple of Hummel tops the lad got were terrible mate. The badge and Hummel logo started to peel and the fabric started bobbling. The missus always washed them on a cool wash etc. Maybe my lad was just unlucky and there was a bad batch.

The couple of Hummel tops the lad got were terrible mate. The badge and Hummel logo started to peel and the fabric started bobbling. The missus always washed them on a cool wash etc. Maybe my lad was just unlucky and there was a bad batch.
Clearly everyone has their own experience, so that affects my opinion as much as yours does - but I was looking at my son’s home kit from that first Hummel season. He’s far too big for it now - but it genuinely looks as good as new.

I think the only home one we don’t have is the home one from the following season, with the dazzle pattern and the yellow trim.

Other than that, last season we had all three kits in the house and a few training shirts and they are all pristine. No bobbling, noticeable snags or badge peeling!

Clearly everyone has their own experience, so that affects my opinion as much as yours does - but I was looking at my son’s home kit from that first Hummel season. He’s far too big for it now - but it genuinely looks as good as new.

I think the only home one we don’t have is the home one from the following season, with the dazzle pattern and the yellow trim.

Other than that, last season we had all three kits in the house and a few training shirts and they are all pristine. No bobbling, noticeable snags or badge peeling!
The best kits I've had for my lads was Hummel in terms of lasting, followed closely only by Umbro. I'm not buying Castore because for me I simply can't justify the outlay anymore, it's just far too expensive now.

My lad has just had the new kit bought for him by his Nan. It seems well made and has the embroidered badge.

Hasn’t been washed yet but it seems o.k.

Can’t excuse the price of it though!

The best kits I've had for my lads was Hummel in terms of lasting, followed closely only by Umbro. I'm not buying Castore because for me I simply can't justify the outlay anymore, it's just far too expensive now.
Have gone for the old DH Gate version for the home kit, purely because I can't see how it can be any worse than the Castore one. Worth a punt for £12 or whatever it was.

My son tends to like the goalkeeper kits, so going to have a look at those in the club shop before the Roma game to see if £55 seems justifiable.

They're awful as well

Could probably go to Sports Direct and get the same tracksuit minus the tiny Everton badge on the sleeve for 30 quid.

Yeah , you can get a similar hoodie on their website for £33

and the pants are £18

Have gone for the old DH Gate version for the home kit, purely because I can't see how it can be any worse than the Castore one. Worth a punt for £12 or whatever it was.

My son tends to like the goalkeeper kits, so going to have a look at those in the club shop before the Roma game to see if £55 seems justifiable.
Bought the goalie one yesterday for my grandson not that impressed with the quality but you gotta do what you gotta do. They know they have us over a barrel with kids kits.

Yeah , you can get a similar hoodie on their website for £33

and the pants are £18

You pay a fortune once it has Everton on.

All the more mystery why the away kit doesn't have Everton on, and rather some minimalist, tower nobody who isn't an Everton fan will know.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.