Kit for 24/25

Secondly, I would argue with ticket prices too, halve the price, you'll get twice the sales.
Why would they half the price of tickets when every league game is sold out and there’s a waiting list for season tickets well into the tens of thousands of fans?

For cup games they generally do drop the price. Went a few times last year with the lad in the cups and the tickets were about £30 for us both.

We'll get a slice of commission but it's never huge. Around 7-10% of each sale I think.
I’m already struggling to see how £20 million per season makes sense for Castore without any commission at all.

I know they are in it for brand building / exposure reasons (though I think that’s a lost cause given how much of a joke they’ve become) - but I don’t see how the numbers add up.

Even if the shirts were being sold as 100% profit to Castore, they’d need to shift the equivalent of 180,000 of the £110 pro tops to cover the £20 million.

I’m already struggling to see how £20 million per season makes sense for Castore without any commission at all.

I know they are in it for brand building / exposure reasons (though I think that’s a lost cause given how much of a joke they’ve become) - but I don’t see how the numbers add up.

Even if the shirts were being sold as 100% profit to Castore, they’d need to shift the equivalent of 180,000 of the £110 pro tops to cover the £20 million.

Think it's a flex to boost the profile having lost 2 clubs. We're their only manufacturer in the league now I think.

I think if they'd have still have Villa etc we wouldn't have got that deal

They are paying Red Bull Racing €200m over the course of the contract they renewed this year. They are properly sinking millions in trying (or should that be STILL trying) to make the general public they are a cool brand and the gear isn’t crap. If it works long term and they have the cash/credit to fund this initial splurge, great. If it doesn’t……

They are paying Red Bull Racing €200m over the course of the contract they renewed this year. They are properly sinking millions in trying (or should that be STILL trying) to make the general public they are a cool brand and the gear isn’t crap. If it works long term and they have the cash/credit to fund this initial splurge, great. If it doesn’t……

They're being very aggressive and will have backers funding it. They've not cracked the states I don't think...which is probably what they're building to do.

Hope the 3rd kit mirrors this from the 1950's.

With a modern twist?...

456L.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back