Kit for 24/25

Why would they half the price of tickets when every league game is sold out and there’s a waiting list for season tickets well into the tens of thousands of fans?

I knew someone would take it literally. Off topic!

Yeah they're sold out and you only have a limited capacity too so you won't 'sell more'.

My point was about prices. Particularly at BM a bit like West Ham.

They have lower prices or discounts and they sell out over 60,000. Suppose I'm saying BM should have been bigger but they didn't make it bigger because they didn't think we'd fill a bigger stadium.

They are paying Red Bull Racing €200m over the course of the contract they renewed this year. They are properly sinking millions in trying (or should that be STILL trying) to make the general public they are a cool brand and the gear isn’t crap. If it works long term and they have the cash/credit to fund this initial splurge, great. If it doesn’t……
Feels a bit 777

They are paying Red Bull Racing €200m over the course of the contract they renewed this year. They are properly sinking millions in trying (or should that be STILL trying) to make the general public they are a cool brand and the gear isn’t crap. If it works long term and they have the cash/credit to fund this initial splurge, great. If it doesn’t……
Went to Cheshire Oaks on Saturday and the Castore store was absolutely chocker, even despite the fact that they weren't offering many reductions. Clearly there is demand for their gear either way..

Might not start the season with a sleeve sponsor in place then
Screenshot_20240805-160638.png

I’m already struggling to see how £20 million per season makes sense for Castore without any commission at all.

I know they are in it for brand building / exposure reasons (though I think that’s a lost cause given how much of a joke they’ve become) - but I don’t see how the numbers add up.

Even if the shirts were being sold as 100% profit to Castore, they’d need to shift the equivalent of 180,000 of the £110 pro tops to cover the £20 million.

As a guess, I reckon they’ve got something with the new stadium.

I’m already struggling to see how £20 million per season makes sense for Castore without any commission at all.

I know they are in it for brand building / exposure reasons (though I think that’s a lost cause given how much of a joke they’ve become) - but I don’t see how the numbers add up.

Even if the shirts were being sold as 100% profit to Castore, they’d need to shift the equivalent of 180,000 of the £110 pro tops to cover the £20 million.

It’s not based on shirt sales, outside of football, in Tennis, Motorsport, Golf and other sports, Castore are investing massively, they are valued now at over £1bn.
Having their brand associated with premier league football clubs, puts them among the top sports wear brands. The stadium stuff will be massive, they will have their logo all over the place in the last year of Goodison and the first year of Bramley Moore and that will be seen around the world by 100’s of millions of people.

Been waiting over two weeks for home kit to be delivered. Finally got notification it should get here today. Not a good start to launch a kit and immediately have supply issues. They will have had historical sales data so should have been more than prepared for the volume of orders upon launch. That combined with continued comments about quality does not bode well for Castore.

Been waiting over two weeks for home kit to be delivered. Finally got notification it should get here today. Not a good start to launch a kit and immediately have supply issues. They will have had historical sales data so should have been more than prepared for the volume of orders upon launch. That combined with continued comments about quality does not bode well for Castore.

I ordered my lad the home kit the day it went on sale. It was 3 days before we went on holiday so I ordered it from Castore, rather than the club, as I could order it for next day delivery.

It didn't arrive before we went and hadn't been delivered by the time we returned. I emailed them, and they said they'd sold out, so they've cancelled the order. Madness considering the day I ordered it was launch day.

For balance, my grandson's kit looks fine and bears comparison with his Hummel shirts. Some of the Castore stuff in the club shop looks OK, but not the best quality. I have to say the overall quality and design of the non-Castore goods on offer is generally bad as well. I wouldn't be tempted to buy anything, but my Grandson bought a retro shirt with the Kejian logo and he is made up with it.

Having followed these articles to the original source (kicker), it specifically states that the issue in this case was not to do with quality, but supply issues, with many sizes sold out, and potentially the club being able to use this as an opportunity to strike a better deal off the back of becoming double winners.

Having followed these articles to the original source (kicker), it specifically states that the issue in this case was not to do with quality, but supply issues, with many sizes sold out, and potentially the club being able to use this as an opportunity to strike a better deal off the back of becoming double winners.
Indeed, I suggested as much myself last week. Given Leverkusen's success last season, I reckon even they themselves won't have foreseen supply being an issue at this point..

As of Nov 23 they were valued at around £950m having just raised an additional £150m funds from a US investment consortium.
There’s a story on the FT about them and it but it’s firewalled otherwise I’d link it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back