Kit for 24/25

This shirt manufacturer is a disgrace.

The kits are nasty and cheap looking tat.

Imagine going into a new £700M state of the art stadium with your team kitted out with rubbish on their backs.

Heads should roll for the decision to go with Castore.
But ultimately if we go into that new stadium and we are still in the Premier League.

Those kits and sponsors helped.

We cant have our cake and eat it, especially after the way the club has been ran commercially as past decade.
We got a big increase in revenue with Castore for the kit deal (whatever that also entails with the new stadium sponsoring) compared to Hummel, the kits actually look decent imo as far as matchday goes (not worrying about badge falling off as I'll not be buying one anyway).
Revenue up trumps a badge falling off a kit anyday of the week for a club with serious cashflow issues

Still think the gear is nowhere near as bad as is being made out 🤷‍♂️

The 'Pro' version of the shirt may not be worth the c.£120 thats being charged for it but that doesn't mean there should be this clamour to go OTT over this perceived 'poor quality' of their product. They're a global brand that supply gear across tons of sports & prominent sportspeople, so they aren't exactly some amateur outfit..

The club have done well to get the deal & the gear out of Castore that they have. People wax lyrical over Umbro but I'm sorry - we absolutely shouldn't be entertaining crap financial deals regardless..

Last edited:
But ultimately if we go into that new stadium and we are still in the Premier League.

Those kits and sponsors helped.

I fail to believe another deal couldn't have been struck with manufacturers of decent kits. Surely it couldn't have been beyond the wit of our club to sign up to Umbro with a deal that maybe brought in a bit of a loss but allowed us to keep credibility?

I suspect they sold us down the river for about £10M.

I fail to believe another deal couldn't have been struck with manufacturers of decent kits. Surely it couldn't have been beyond the wit of our club to sign up to Umbro with a deal that maybe brought in a bit of a loss but allowed us to keep credibility?

Dave.. respectfully, I'm so so glad that you don't run the club :lol:

100%, we got paid a premium for going with the Kit shysters.

But our commercial department would have been silly to leave money on the table.

Sure the fans suffer, but dont we always.

100%, we got paid a premium for going with the Kit shysters.

But our commercial department would have been silly to leave money on the table.

Sure the fans suffer, but dont we always.
...just don't buy the gear then? which doesn't necessarily apply to you mate as I know you probably don't anyway, but I extend that to anyone.

They're a globally recognised brand, the kits are smart, and it's by far the biggest kit deal that the club has ever struck... I'm just a bit confused why this is such a bad thing in the eyes of some? 🤷‍♂️

Seems that Castore is going the way of 777 with Bayer Leverkusen ending their deal early due to delivery and supply issues.

As I sit here in my blue Umbro 'Chang' training shirt I long for a return to those halcyon days

Why would we change the most lucrative kit deal we've ever had??? Don't you want the club to survive financially?
Ha Ha.

It's the most lucrative deal we've had because it's the latest one. Look up the word 'inflation'...it's right next to the word 'idiot'.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.