Kit for 24/25

No matter the kit that big stupid Stake across the front will ruin it.

Cant wait till we no longer have these scummy brands across our shirt.
Say what you want about Stake (& KICK) but I'm willing to bet my house that the deal that the club has with them is the most lucrative we'll have ever had by some distance. They have some serious money behind them.

It's defo got socks appeal if you ask me
Screenshot_20240516_184403_Photos.webp

I find it odd that the badge has often pretended the Everton lockup is an actual tower, out of proportion to itself, as if the ironic nickname “Prince Rupert’s Tower” weren’t an obvious joke. I’d rather see an homage to the liverbird (from the 1891 league champions pin) perched atop a squat lockup than some aspirational fantasy tower with its phallic implications.

I find it odd that the badge has often pretended the Everton lockup is an actual tower, out of proportion to itself, as if the ironic nickname “Prince Rupert’s Tower” weren’t an obvious joke. I’d rather see an homage to the liverbird (from the 1891 league champions pin) perched atop a squat lockup than some aspirational fantasy tower with its phallic implications.
There is a photo of the tower in the "Old Photos of Where you Live" thread in the Ale House forum. The image has somehow been elongated so that the tower and surrounding buildings seem very tall. It is the only picture I have seen which matches the dimensions on the badge,and I speculated that it might have been used as the basis for the design.

There is a photo of the tower in the "Old Photos of Where you Live" thread in the Ale House forum. The image has somehow been elongated so that the tower and surrounding buildings seem very tall. It is the only picture I have seen which matches the dimensions on the badge,and I speculated that it might have been used as the basis for the design.
Wasn't it based on a club secretaries sketch rather than the reality?

Wasn't it based on a club secretaries sketch rather than the reality?
Yes, it could just be artistic license, but it is pretty commonplace to trace from photographs.

It just struck me how much the photo looked like the badge, and it pre-dated the design, so probably just my over-active imagination.

Say what you want about Stake (& KICK) but I'm willing to bet my house that the deal that the club has with them is the most lucrative we'll have ever had by some distance. They have some serious money behind them.
EDIT: I found the post and excitedly said, “I think you’re right!”

But then I noticed that several other photos posted by the same person were stretched in the same way. I think it’s a coincidence that their odd copy matches the dimensions of the badge.

Here’s the original image without stretching, found through reverse image search.

1716872062768.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s a blue shirt. It will always be a blue shirt. Sometimes with a bit of a pattern; sometimes with a collar; sometimes with a bit of white; sometimes with a bit of yellow, but always blue.
It’s the other two that are interesting.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back