Kit for 24/25

What would the homage be though? They could whack an Archibald Leitch cross on it or the postcode or something but does that make a homage or are people wanting a full picture of the ground on it or to wear a totally different colour to the one we've worn for 100 odd years playing there as a homage to the first season there? Honest question like not taking the pee I keep seeing people talking about it but I don't really understand what they were wanting.
Why not have some of the random swirls be a goodison representation instead of a random swirl? Possibly change the badge or put something round it that commemorates the ground? Thats just off the top of my head there's literally loads of stuff that could have been done if they'd thought of it. Who knows maybe they'll bring a special kit out for the final game?

Not the biggest fan, but feel it might be one that grows on you over time. Disappointed there isn't a tribute to Goodison Park, but maybe there will be a tribute kit released later in the season? Also not sure what this reference to The Originals/original badge in the pattern on the shirt? Do hate the term "deconstructed"!

Feel it looks better from a distance, the manikin pictures a couple of pages back look Ok. Up close it looks awful with that pattern

It's absolutely fine (price isn't) for playing a game of footie in. It actually looks ok as a top to wear outside of playing too. Very limited things you can do with a predominantly blue shirt and every season we get some that like our, some that hate it...

Life goes on and if you are getting your knickers in a twist that it doesn't play homage to Goodison, go take a photo of the stadium instead or buy a £10 mug with a picture of the stadium on.

Why not have some of the random swirls be a goodison representation instead of a random swirl? Possibly change the badge or put something round it that commemorates the ground? Thats just off the top of my head there's literally loads of stuff that could have been done if they'd thought of it. Who knows maybe they'll bring a special kit out for the final game?
I think they will do a new kit for the last game myself but thats just a feeling. Personally just sticking a pretty random thing in and saying oh this is a homage to Goodison is just a gimmick I don't see the point or see why that would make people buy it but thats why I asked just wondering what it was people were looking for.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back