Kit for 24/25

Well the main reason I won’t buy it is because of the hideous sponsor, so his logic tessellates with mine.

I haven’t bought any kit with Stake on and don’t intend to if it’s not a commemorative one.
I suppose I just don’t understand how sticking a couple of Archibald leitch crosses or the Goodison co ordinates or whatever people are expecting on it would make the sponsor any less hideous but it doesn’t really matter.

I suppose I just don’t understand how sticking a couple of Archibald leitch crosses or the Goodison co ordinates or whatever people are expecting on it would make the sponsor any less hideous but it doesn’t really matter.
It wouldn’t make the sponsor any less hideous, and I’d still be wishing it wasn’t there - to an even greater degree, to be honest.

But a memento is a memento, and this home kit has not been designed to be that. So I’m skipping it.

I think with the little touches and “nods to history” you get on the kits, sometimes they can be a bit tenuous but you do want to feel like the kit has been specifically designed for the club and that’s why manufacturers do it.

I’ll reserve judgement on the final product but my feeling on the initial leaks is they look like they could be designs they had lying around for anyone with the colour adjusted and a badge stuck on. I hope I’m wrong.

It wouldn’t make the sponsor any less hideous, and I’d still be wishing it wasn’t there - to an even greater degree, to be honest.

But a memento is a memento, and this home kit has not been designed to be that. So I’m skipping it.
Wouldn`t this season be an ideal time to have the new home shirt ready for the last home game of the season, early May, 37000 odd Evertonians at Goodison, wanting a memento of the last game there, shop at the ground full of the new shirt, perfect time for the club to cash in before the summer, and then before the new season starts bring out the 2nd kit and first game of the new season have another big sales day with 48000 Evertonians wanting a memento of the start of our days at BM. But no, we`ll be waiting till early July and miss the opportunity of boosted sales days.

Wouldn`t this season be an ideal time to have the new home shirt ready for the last home game of the season, early May, 37000 odd Evertonians at Goodison, wanting a memento of the last game there, shop at the ground full of the new shirt, perfect time for the club to cash in before the summer, and then before the new season starts bring out the 2nd kit and first game of the new season have another big sales day with 48000 Evertonians wanting a memento of the start of our days at BM. But no, we`ll be waiting till early July and miss the opportunity of boosted sales days.
I think there’ll be a lot of mementos taken from the last game at Goodison that aren’t £100 replicas of the kit the team is wearing.

I was listening to a podcast recently and they said it was embarrassing for anyone over the age of 16 to wear a football shirt. On the other hand, seeing some of the Germans games and euro 24 games recently where colours are worn to matchdays it seems to make the ground that bit more intimidating. I think I’m swerving back to wearing my football shirt over my jumper like back in ‘95.

I was listening to a podcast recently and they said it was embarrassing for anyone over the age of 16 to wear a football shirt. On the other hand, seeing some of the Germans games and euro 24 games recently where colours are worn to matchdays it seems to make the ground that bit more intimidating. I think I’m swerving back to wearing my football shirt over my jumper like back in ‘95.
One of the worst things to ever happen to this club was the phrase "kopite behaviour". The idea that wearing club colours is somehow bad is absolutely ludicrous.

Has this one actually been released yet then, if not when will it be?
DED1185E-1B04-4CED-ADC4-FF065D110659.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back