Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Koeman: "We've only spent £7m"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton supporters in the main are funny people. Everyone is excited because of the money and the spending and the big plans but stand back and have a closer look. The only thing that has changed is that we have bought early instead of last minute and to be honest what we have bought is hardly going to set the world alight. If we are a club on the up where are the world class signings? A past it turncoat and some mediocre signings from lesser leagues. From what I have watched so far this pre season there is nothing to convince me that we are going to have yet another average season with awful football full of tippy tappy plays not unlike Martinez's style of play, I have already seen far too many back passes to the keeper for my liking and the season has not yet started. £50 million for Sigurðsson, in my opinion is a complete waste of resourses, we need at least two top class strikers or goals are going to be very hard to come by.

One positive I'm taking away from this is that Koeman at leasts recognises the areas we need signings in. LB/CB and a winger and striker all desperately needed.

Everton supporters in the main are funny people. Everyone (well nearly everyone) is excited because of the money and the spending and the big plans, but stand back and take a look.

The only thing that has changed is that we have bought early instead of last minute and to be honest we have not seen them actually play in the league and what we have bought would not satisfy the most positive of negative people. Had we signed Messi, Neymar, Suarez and Bale, they would have been inferior because they come form a lesser league. If as a club we are on the up, where are the world class signings, indeed?

Apparently on the basis of a few pre-season games we are going to have a crap season, not unlike the Martinez era, although this time we can defend.

50 million for a player that is not wanted by a few fans is a waste of money, even though we are constantly complaining that the club won't make the big step in signing players we want/need.

We need at least some more players as the amount of whining is deafening and we can only whine some more if we buy new players that are not that great on FIFA and my pants are very wet.

Our old club motto is serving us well, Nil Satis Nisi Optimum - never satisfied, never optimistic.

one thing this does show, Koeman is not happy with how the current team is performing with regard to the opening game next week, if we were where he wanted us to be he wouldn't have opened his mouth. you can see his point though, his whole plan revolves around getting Siggi in, and the Board now have been playing hardball over two million quid for the last three weeks and will probably drag this on for another three. If we had had Siggi in a couple of weeks ago, you would have to think we'd be in much better shape, with an absolutely crictical month coming up.

one thing this does show, Koeman is not happy with how the current team is performing with regard to the opening game next week, if we were where he wanted us to be he wouldn't have opened his mouth. you can see his point though, his whole plan revolves around getting Siggi in, and the Board now have been playing hardball over two million quid for the last three weeks and will probably drag this on for another three. If we had had Siggi in a couple of weeks ago, you would have to think we'd be in much better shape, with an absolutely crictical month coming up.

If that's his whole plan then we should start calling him Baldrick. Siggurdson or not he's had more money to spend/backing than any other manager we've had in the premier league era. And yes I know it's the lukaku money- but there would have been a time not so long ago where that money would have been sitting in a Swiss bank account somewhere. Is one player really going to transform the team from what we've seen so far? Or perhaps he's making some pretty obvious mistakes which can be addressed with a combination of tactics and team selection. For a start he could save us all and leave Rooney on the bench.

Everton supporters in the main are funny people. Everyone is excited because of the money and the spending and the big plans but stand back and have a closer look. The only thing that has changed is that we have bought early instead of last minute and to be honest what we have bought is hardly going to set the world alight. If we are a club on the up where are the world class signings? A past it turncoat and some mediocre signings from lesser leagues. From what I have watched so far this pre season there is nothing to convince me that we are going to have yet another average season with awful football full of tippy tappy plays not unlike Martinez's style of play, I have already seen far too many back passes to the keeper for my liking and the season has not yet started. £50 million for Sigurðsson, in my opinion is a complete waste of resourses, we need at least two top class strikers or goals are going to be very hard to come by.

Everton supporters in the main are funny people. Everyone (well nearly everyone) is excited because of the money and the spending and the big plans, but stand back and take a look.

The only thing that has changed is that we have bought early instead of last minute and to be honest we have not seen them actually play in the league and what we have bought would not satisfy the most positive of negative people.
Had we signed Messi, Neymar, Suarez and Bale, they would have been inferior because they come form a lesser league. If as a club we are on the up, where are the world class signings, indeed?

Apparently on the basis of a few pre-season games we are going to have a crap season, not unlike the Martinez era, although this time we can defend.

50 million for a player that is not wanted by a few fans is a waste of money, even though we are constantly complaining that the club won't make the big step in signing players we want/need.

We need at least some more players as the amount of whining is deafening and we can only whine some more if we buy new players that are not that great on FIFA and my pants are very wet.

Our old club motto is serving us well, Nil Satis Nisi Optimum - never satisfied, never optimistic.

What on earth is going on here?!!?!?!?

Amazing to be actually claiming to know more about the club's expenditure than the Everton manager.
Yes, I'm quite sure his grasp of business finance is far greater than Mr Koemans, and the vast majority of pundits on this forum, me included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back