Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Koeman: "We've only spent £7m"

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn't been backed yet in terms of net spend but he has had a lot of money to spend.

Close to around 150m at this point and he's now insisting we spend another 80m on a 28 year old and a 31 year old when we don't have any pace and our fullbacks are a joke.

He has been given the money from sales and has made us a lot worse. At the very least we should be close to as good as we where.

Mate I absolutely agree with you here in terms of we should be better and yes I don't believe we should be spending big money on old players

In 2 years time sigurddson would be 30 and giroud would be 33 and no doubt not good enough on the pitch and worth nothing like the 80m

Jags will be 38, Barry 38, Baines 36, Williams 34/35, Lennon 32, Miralles 33, Bolasie 30, Stek 38, Rooney 33 Coleman 30 etc etc list goes on

We need to start buying young first team players! Because we are constantly having to deal with too many old players who we can't afford to replace

I did. I was asking you a question, remember?

I don't believe he's putting pressure on the board, I think he's playing down expectations. You think he's putting pressure on the board though, you said so yourself. So I'll ask again, if you're right and the board is now under pressure to deliver, do you think that helps them to negotiate? Your point is that he wants them to 'get a move on' but he's just made that public. If you were Swansea or A player (note, that's what I said in my post, not Sigurdsson in particular) would you not be tempted to attempt to capitalise on the pressure the board are apparently under to please their manager? If not, you're probably not cut out for business.
He's shifting the blame and putting pressure on the board.

He did exactly the same in january with schneiderlin when everton were dragging their feet. Hes not calling him out, more like giving them a hurry up. This sigurdsson deal is taking a long time and a team with the ambitions we say we have dont haggle over £2m quid. I just read comments from a frustrated man whos not getting the answers he wants.
Difference between January and now is that the sympathy wont all be with him on the matter. Most blues' reaction to yesterday's comments was to do a double take and wonder wtf he was complaining about.

I said it earlier: he is now playing the second instalment of a very dangerous game in openly casting aspersions about the the club's squad investment. If we dont get good results and and he plays that hand again he'll be hurtling toward the exit.

You dont buy a dog for close on £7M per season and expect to be continually bitten by it.

Iheanacho would walk into our team. We could have easily got him.
Maybe. We were never in for him as far as I know, but I think Koeman would like Giroud. Question is, does he
want to come here and is he for sale?. If not, Koeman can't be blamed if we don't get him, and that's my point.

Mate I absolutely agree with you here in terms of we should be better and yes I don't believe we should be spending big money on old players

In 2 years time sigurddson would be 30 and giroud would be 33 and no doubt not good enough on the pitch and worth nothing like the 80m

Jags will be 38, Barry 38, Baines 36, Williams 34/35, Lennon 32, Rooney 33 Coleman 30 etc etc list goes on

We need to start buying young first team players! Because we are constantly having to deal with too many old players who we can't afford to replace
Which makes our signings even harder to comprehend. I can understand Koeman doing this if he is genuinely trying to break into the champions league but then he needs the backing of the board even if at this point it doesn't look good. He wouldn't have been my choice but he is theirs and they should back him.

However if that's the case I just can't figure out the Martina signing or the fact that we need to wait to sell players before buying.

It does at this point look like Kenwright/Moshiri have been lying to Koeman which has left us with an incredibly unbalanced squad.

Jags will be 38, Barry 38, Baines 36, Williams 34/35, Lennon 32, Miralles 33, Bolasie 30, Stek 38, Rooney 33 Coleman 30 etc etc list goes on

That's it lads. Don't buy anyone at all over 25 because they'll be old in a few years.

Why does it matter if Sigurdsson will be 30 and Giroud 33? For starters, we get two seasons before they turn these ages that apparently mean they should be euthanised as they're no further good to society.

But more importantly, they are both players who have never relied on pace for anything they do.

If we're supposed to have ambition now, we shouldn't have to buy potential to sell on when they are the finished article. Giroud in particular would be an astonishing signing for us, right now and for a good three to four years to come.

I am astounded how words from the manager can be construed to mean so many things. Each poster with a slight agenda will put his take on it to mean something that it unlikely means but will use their speculative opinion to make themselves heard. Don't look too deep into his words because depite being close enough fact he may not have mean't anything else but the fact that realistically we have only spent 7m with books balanced. He may be fed up with reporters saying he is spending millions but not recognising the income from outgoings.

Maybe no hidden meanings at all.

I have a great idea
Why don't we hunt down some if the best young talent in Europe
Put them in our awesome u 23 team or send them out in loan where they will get experience .... then gradually ease them into
The first team as they are either ready or the current player declines ....
I think that's what I would do

Which makes our signings even harder to comprehend. I can understand Koeman doing this if he is genuinely trying to break into the champions league but then he needs the backing of the board even if at this point it doesn't look good. He wouldn't have been my choice but he is theirs and they should back him.

However if that's the case I just can't figure out the Martina signing or the fact that we need to wait to sell players before buying.

It does at this point look like Kenwright/Moshiri have been lying to Koeman which has left us with an incredibly unbalanced squad.
He has so far overpaid to the tune of around £45M for the players he has brought in....if Sigurdsson arrives for close on £50M that will rise to about a £65M overspend.

I said a few times that this has been the most irresponsible use of funds in memory by any Everton manager. We could have used the cash we should have saved by filling in at least three positions elsewhere in the first team. But Koeman will have used the once in a generation sale of quality players like Barkley and Lukaku to stockpile mediocre players and players in and around the centre of the park we had covered anyway.

Moshiri was always going to just recycle the player trading cash. That was something many of us argued from day one. However, if you;re the owner you'd have to look at the gross spend this manager has had and think: "well, if you cant use a kings ransom wisely, that's down to you mate.".

Koeman to be fair is basically saying if your ambitious and have a project like you say you do then give me money to spend

Unfortunately he's not being backed by the board and owner in anyway at all as it seems once again as I've said all along we only have money from player sales

As much as it annoyed me he signed Rooney and martina he was probably forced too due to lack of cash
Way too much imagination fella.

He's just stating our overall outlay up to now has been about 7 mil. The media making out we have been one of the Big spenders and he's just putting the record straight.
The next 3 signings will be for Big Money.

Stop switching it round to suit your obvious agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back