Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Koeman: "We've only spent £7m"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is amortization essentially something that says we lose money every season due to players value declining?

I'm probably thick as anything but how does this work when players prices are horrifically inflating every single year?

It's purely an accounting concept, not particularly relevant commercially.

Basically you must hold assets at a fair value in your balance sheet. So you reduce a players value over the useful life of his contract. We don't lose money. The players just lose book value.

Eg. Player costs 5m on 5 years deal. After 2 years his amortisation is 2m. His book value is 3m. If we sell him for 10m we make 5m profit commercially but this shows as 7m in the accounts.

I'll stop boring you now lol

Players are employees, under PAYE & so they have no accounts balance sheet value ! Each year there is a profit or loss on transfers in the Profit & Loss Account.

It's purely an accounting concept, not particularly relevant commercially.

Basically you must hold assets at a fair value in your balance sheet. So you reduce a players value over the useful life of his contract. We don't lose money. The players just lose book value.

Eg. Player costs 5m on 5 years deal. After 2 years his amortisation is 2m. His book value is 3m. If we sell him for 10m we make 5m profit commercially but this shows as 7m in the accounts.

I'll stop boring you now lol
So we don't lose money and it isn't really applicable to football players because it doesn't take into account their market value changes over the duration of their contracts?

I must say I didn't see that stab in the owner's back coming.

Biting the hand that feeds you is never a clever policy.

Done it in January to get Morgan in... now he's doing it again to get them to move for the players he wants... seems to be working so far

Done it in January to get Morgan in... now he's doing it again to get them to move for the players he wants... seems to be working so far

Do it often enough and he'll find his arse kicked to the kerb - more especially if the results dont come.

he mucthave a list with choices on, no way Valencia, Sissoko where first choice.
He needs a forward whether its first choice or not, we've needed one for about 3 years.
I just don't want the last day of the window and your bringing in the real dross.
Again. How can he buy players who aren't for sale, for whatever reason?

Name the CF's who are better than who we've got and are for sale.

He has said that he wants to bring more players in. Is he lying? If not, and he knows who he wants, why doesn't
he buy them?

Everton supporters in the main are funny people. Everyone is excited because of the money and the spending and the big plans but stand back and have a closer look. The only thing that has changed is that we have bought early instead of last minute and to be honest what we have bought is hardly going to set the world alight. If we are a club on the up where are the world class signings? A past it turncoat and some mediocre signings from lesser leagues. From what I have watched so far this pre season there is nothing to convince me that we are going to have yet another average season with awful football full of tippy tappy plays not unlike Martinez's style of play, I have already seen far too many back passes to the keeper for my liking and the season has not yet started. £50 million for Sigurðsson, in my opinion is a complete waste of resourses, we need at least two top class strikers or goals are going to be very hard to come by.

got my eye on you.

Do it often enough and he'll find his arse kicked to the kerb - more especially if the results dont come.

Think that's why he's doing it tbh... he knows he will be judged on results and he wants HIS players.. so it's all on him ... he probably won't be here In two years time and knows he needs to perform now if he wants to go to a "Bigger" club when he leaves

There's no inconsistency. He had the benefit of a once in a generation selling of the family silver and has blown it on mediocre players.

That doesn't affect any critique of Moshiri not finding investment outside player sales.
And once in a generation group of young players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back