Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Koeman: "We've only spent £7m"

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I said balance. You have experienced pros (Giroud, Rooney etc.), players in their current prime (Sigurdsson), players approaching their prime with improvement to be had (Klaasen), "wonderkids" who have high talent ceilings but are proven at the level already (Pickford) and potential (Onyekuru etc.)

You asked why do we need a proven striker and attacking midfielder now, and my answer is because the balance of the squad couldn't sustain an untried and untested striker like Sandro over 38 games and a European campaign if he doesn't prove to be good enough with that weight on his shoulders at his age in a new league. Buying another one wouldn't solve that problem.

Giroud and Sigurdsson make perfect sense to anyone looking at the situation logically. When we've ripped away the spine of our attack in one summer with Lukaku and Barkley going, you don't replace them with 24 year olds from continental Europe and risk bringing in an Afonso Alves and having no Plan B for 12 months.
We need to see this as a rebuilding year. We should focus on another CB, RB, LB and a speedy winger/play maker.

We should give Sandro a chance. Rooney and DCL can be his backup.

Then next summer go big for someone like Icardi.

That would also suit someone like Klassen more.

Lukaku was the best player we have had in 20 years. A guy who scored 20 goals a season for 4 years and who we tripled/quadrupled our money on.

It wasn't his fault the board seriously dropped the ball last summer. He was simply too good for us now.

10, 18 and 25 in the past three seasons.

It's a shame Kenwrong didn't care more otherwise we might have won a pot or two during his shambolic tenure.

Oh dear! Pity your usual cyber graffiti doesn't contribute to the debate. The magic words 'Bill Kenwright' seem to have the same effect on some people that Dr Jekyl's experiments had on....himself!

I know that the team with the most expensive players who pay the highest wages win on the pitch.

So the point I am making is that in 3 years time selling Lukaku and replacing him with those players will make us 90m weaker in terms of value on the pitch.

(Don't mention Leicester - What made that special is because it was unique)

Hahahaha

We need to see this as a rebuilding year. We should focus on another CB, RB, LB and a speedy winger/play maker.

We should give Sandro a chance. Rooney and DCL can be his backup.

Then next summer go big for someone like Icardi.

That would also suit someone like Klassen more.
Welcome Mike. Have you introduced yourself yet, or do like just kicking the door down at a party?

I think hes jumped the gun a bit, still a month left to get players in. He obviously has felt the need to go public for a reason though. We've seen it with Barkley that he likes to apply pressure through the media.
I wouldn't have said he was complaining, more like just challenging them to show some ambition. Nothing wrong with that. We had a lapdog in moyes and we hated it, now we have someone who is not scared to take the board to task. Its a good thing, providing he gets results.
One and the same thing when you use megaphone diplomacy via the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back