Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Koeman: "We've only spent £7m"

Status
Not open for further replies.
One man does not make a team; Lukaku destroyed our chancers by only turning up when he felt like it and his trampoline shins sent balls into orbit.

I'm more than confident that our team will be stronger and more effective come the end of august
Those trampoline shins were responsible for more than half our goals.

I'm 100% confident we won't be plus in 3 years Lukaku will still be worth 100m. The players we have bought to replace him will be worth about 10m.

Kids?

Dowell, Davies and Lookman are the only ones I think have a chance of being good enough for us.

Again. Don't fall into the trap or basing too much on youth success.

It's far better to have one star in your youth team than a star team.

Basically when it comes to kids it's best to take the attitude of wait and see. To do otherwise is unfair pressure.

If you are right then it's still far cheaper to buy good coaches.

No, I said balance. You have experienced pros (Giroud, Rooney etc.), players in their current prime (Sigurdsson), players approaching their prime with improvement to be had (Klaasen), "wonderkids" who have high talent ceilings but are proven at the level already (Pickford) and potential (Onyekuru etc.)

You asked why do we need a proven striker and attacking midfielder now, and my answer is because the balance of the squad couldn't sustain an untried and untested striker like Sandro over 38 games and a European campaign if he doesn't prove to be good enough with that weight on his shoulders at his age in a new league. Buying another one wouldn't solve that problem.

Giroud and Sigurdsson make perfect sense to anyone looking at the situation logically. When we've ripped away the spine of our attack in one summer with Lukaku and Barkley going, you don't replace them with 24 year olds from continental Europe and risk bringing in an Afonso Alves and having no Plan B for 12 months.

Those trampoline shins were responsible for more than half our goals.

I'm 100% confident we won't be plus in 3 years Lukaku will still be worth 100m. The players we have bought to replace him will be worth about 10m.

I'm glad he did what he was paid to do. I don't care what the snake is worth in 3 years, in fact what point are you trying to make?? You do realise that football is played on a pitch and not on an accountants spreadsheet

If we genuinely had Man City or even close to it levels of investment we could have attracted him.

I think the problem is while we are a little bit stronger financially than we were we aren't close to having the money to get us into the champions league and that is what every player wants.

The player has also promised Inter fans that he'd rather play/help Inter to the CL than join another team.
By now you surely know what players say means nothing. He's playing for the crowd because a team he's interested in joining hasn't come in for him.

I'm glad he did what he was paid to do. I don't care what the snake is worth in 3 years, in fact what point are you trying to make?? You do realise that football is played on a pitch and not on an accountants spreadsheet
I know that the team with the most expensive players who pay the highest wages win on the pitch.

So the point I am making is that in 3 years time selling Lukaku and replacing him with those players will make us 90m weaker in terms of value on the pitch.

(Don't mention Leicester - What made that special is because it was unique)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back