Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Koeman: "We've only spent £7m"

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think a few people might argue with you on the structure comment, seeing as we have 4,342 midfielders and minus 945 decent strikers/available fullbacks.

Its just a big pile of meh seeing this run of the mill manager splurging cash and then talking about top 6 as a target. Go for it a bit more you golfing walrus. Win us a cup.
Vs Martinez stockpiling wingers and never playing a system to employ wingers? Or the incessant ball retention football and huge fragility at the back. Martinez developed a footballing mentality that we had to keep the ball 60% of the game because if we didn't we'd get battered as the defensive unit was so unorganised and haphazard. Do you actually miss the feeling when we would score and then you're instantly babbing your pants because you knew we were likely to immediately concede?

The squad will be in a much better balance if we fill the positions koeman has earmarked. I don't really understand the run of the mill comment he's still a relatively young manager and we've heard players come out and say he was a big part in them joining us. Additionally we no longer have senior players publicly disagreeing on the mode of football we play, as was becoming more and more commonplace towards the end of Bobby's reign. I Especially don't get the Koeman slating when people rim pochettino who has pretty much had an identical managerial career to koeman he's just at a club that is further on in their "project" than we are. If anything koeman has been more successful than pochettino.

A lot of people on here seem to enjoy being negative about the club, and go out of their way to be almost for the sake of being controversial. It just doesn't seem necessary when we are about to kick off a new season with a fresh squad. Again with the squad we had in previous seasons and the "big players" in lukaku, stones and Barkley ET al we won Jack all and they largely went missing when it mattered. A change of direction was needed I think and like it or not the club are clearly moving in a new direction. A 7th place finish, back in Europe after dismal lower half finishes at least gives evidence we are moving forwards. Our outlook for the season rests on the next few weeks of the transfer window but it's not over yet, a lot of yous are treating it like the window ended when lukaku left. We've done good business, koeman is on record saying he wants 3 more in. We lost a player who wanted out and effectively a few players who rarely played or were massively inconsistent when they did. Move on.

Vs Martinez stockpiling wingers and never playing a system to employ wingers? Or the incessant ball retention football and huge fragility at the back. Martinez developed a footballing mentality that we had to keep the ball 60% of the game because if we didn't we'd get battered as the defensive unit was so unorganised and haphazard. Do you actually miss the feeling when we would score and then you're instantly babbing your pants because you knew we were likely to immediately concede?

The squad will be in a much better balance if we fill the positions koeman has earmarked. I don't really understand the run of the mill comment he's still a relatively young manager and we've heard players come out and say he was a big part in them joining us. Additionally we no longer have senior players publicly disagreeing on the mode of football we play, as was becoming more and more commonplace towards the end of Bobby's reign. I Especially don't get the Koeman slating when people rim pochettino who has pretty much had an identical managerial career to koeman he's just at a club that is further on in their "project" than we are. If anything koeman has been more successful than pochettino.

A lot of people on here seem to enjoy being negative about the club, and go out of their way to be almost for the sake of being controversial. It just doesn't seem necessary when we are about to kick off a new season with a fresh squad. Again with the squad we had in previous seasons and the "big players" in lukaku, stones and Barkley ET al we won Jack all and they largely went missing when it mattered. A change of direction was needed I think and like it or not the club are clearly moving in a new direction. A 7th place finish, back in Europe after dismal lower half finishes at least gives evidence we are moving forwards. Our outlook for the season rests on the next few weeks of the transfer window but it's not over yet, a lot of yous are treating it like the window ended when lukaku left. We've done good business, koeman is on record saying he wants 3 more in. We lost a player who wanted out and effectively a few players who rarely played or were massively inconsistent when they did. Move on.

It's possible to dislike the last two seasons of pap under RM and also be underwhelmed by our 'young' manager.

I don't get the supporters who are touchy about criticism of our new boss when it's not as if we have signed some superstar of management, as Mosh would describe him.

We have been crap for two seasons and solid/dull/average/decent for one. Excuse me if I don't have much energy to get excited by any of it.

Next boss please.

It's possible to dislike the last two seasons of pap under RM and also be underwhelmed by our 'young' manager.

I don't get the supporters who are touchy about criticism of our new boss when it's not as if we have signed some superstar of management, as Mosh would describe him.

We have been crap for two seasons and solid/dull/average/decent for one. Excuse me if I don't have much energy to get excited by any of it.

Next boss please.
I'm not touchy about it. I often found his style of play boring last season too, and of course it's concerning that lukaku has left and we've yet to replace him. As I said he's assembled this squad and he will be liable for their failings/success but people should acknowledge that we are better now than what we were under Martinez's last season and have shown over the last 12 months the club is moving forward. The next few weeks are critical in the window to make sure we continue with that trend. Fail to sign the players we need and we will falter and any goodwill towards koeman and the board will quickly eb away. But OK that's football. :)

You got me with "golfing walrus." Lol. Well done.

1-t6910978-340.jpg

Reactions: gmb
Martinez in his last year with mostly his players had the worst home record in the 138 year history of Everton. Think about someone honestly thinking that guy was a GOOD coach and the current one we had is a bad one. He got Southhampton 7th and 6th place finishes. While our esteemed Martinez had Everton in 11th and 11th.

Martinez in his last year with mostly his players had the worst home record in the 138 year history of Everton. Think about someone honestly thinking that guy was a GOOD coach and the current one we had is a bad one. He got Southhampton 7th and 6th place finishes. While our esteemed Martinez had Everton in 11th and 11th.

Martinez was a stain, we are very lucky to have someone like Koeman pass through Everton, I still dont think he will be here for the long term, but he will certainly make us a lot better

@davek

At least Koeman is on the button in tonight's echo, can't upload link.

Basically says unless we sign a striker we will struggle to compete against top 6.

To me as I have said before it is bad planning throughout the club as they all knew Lukaku was leaving in march.

Martinez was a stain, we are very lucky to have someone like Koeman pass through Everton, I still dont think he will be here for the long term, but he will certainly make us a lot better

christ. will people at least wait for him to do something of import before this stuff is rolled out?

world class manager..... very lucky to have him.... lol

I am beginning to think that some are so traumatised by the horror of the last two seasons of RM that their expectations have plumetted to pre-Moyes levels. It's the only way I can explain them joining football expert Moshiri in thinking that we've gotten in something special in Golf Lundgren.

Nothing about the last 3 seasons have been memorable or worthy of note in our history, and apart from a one-off enjoyable season under RM neither of the two managers are an improvement on the level Moyes was at before he left us. Which is what we need. A clear jump up. Then we could maybe say we are lucky to have a manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back