Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Koeman: "We've only spent £7m"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to pick one or the other to be fair.

For me, it's net, because that takes into account the fact you're weakening your side. Gross spend doesn't account for Lukaku and Barkley leaving.

I didn't expect £100m net this summer, but I expected £50m+.

Quite obviously net. We have a 95m shaped hole up front which hasn't been replaced even if other areas have got stronger.
Given what we have done so far I don't really expect us to be any better and neither does Koeman by the sounds. They better spend because we need Koeman more than he needs us and he's obviously come here on the promise of investment.

Which will be going on one player in Sigurdsson, with potentially another 3 to come.

As I said, window is still open for another few weeks yet. I feel like a lot of the bedwetting in here tonight is a tad premature.

But Sigurdsson's fee could be easily negated by Barkley and, say, McCarthy leaving.

That's the point - whether we're sell to buy.

"Premature" is the opposite of what I'm being here - I'm actually saying wait and see, and have done all along.

But we all knew rom wanted to go so regardless a striker should be the priority not freakin iceman ffs

Agree and we knew he wanted out for ages and did nothing to find a suitable replacement
Koeman looks frustrated, Walsh what exactly does he do? Seems there is trouble at the mill for me Kenwrong Mosh have played the old good cop bad cop routine with Ronald and he is now finding out he has been played ..................

But Sigurdsson's fee could be easily negated by Barkley and, say, McCarthy leaving.

"Premature" is the opposite of what I'm being here - I'm actually saying wait and see, and have done all along.
No one wants Barkley so we are probably going to drop his price.

Agree and we knew he wanted out for ages and did nothing to find a suitable replacement
Koeman looks frustrated, Walsh what exactly does he do? Seems there is trouble at the mill for me Kenwrong has played the old good cop bad cop with Ronald and he is now finding out he has been played ..................

It's making me laugh now and think totally diffrent are we rich? Are we skint? Is moshri a fraud? I just don't know there's more questions than answers

Koeman has a vested interest in net spend appearing low and important though. As if we don't perform this season he can point out how little he has spent.

Koeman looks frustrated, Walsh what exactly does he do? Seems there is trouble at the mill for me Kenwrong has played the old good cop bad cop with Ronald and he is now finding out he has been played ..................

giphy.gif

Koeman looks frustrated, Walsh what exactly does he do? Seems there is trouble at the mill for me Kenwrong Mosh have played the old good cop bad cop routine with Ronald and he is now finding out he has been played ..................

This thread lol

No one wants Barkley so we are probably going to drop his price.

OK, say worst case scenario Barkley goes for £25m and McCarthy goes for £15m. That's still £40m.

Sigurdsson is £45-50m. So even if Sigurdsson comes in, it's for a net of £10m.

And I don't actually believe Barkley for sure will go for as low as £25m.

Bit skint lol he's a billionare it doesn't happen but either way mate he's bought them success. I mean I don't understand all this net spend kak but I know one thing - koeman come here for this project which wasn't pretend money so moshri either delivers or at some point our manager goes.

And there you have it, wonder if Koeman has anything in his contract to jump ship

You guys are like Sentinelese Islanders who see a helicopter in the sky and argue whether or not it means that there will be rain, with both sides being equally sure that they are correct! The fact is that you just don't have enough information to really say. Is Koeman angry at the board? Or is he just pointing out that we can still spend money?

My personal opinion is that we have lots of money, but it is difficult to spend it. This is because, with our current roster, players 30m and under do not improve us, while the 50m player who for sure makes us better probably won't want to come. So we have a very small pool to pick from. But I'm not sure of this, because how could I be?

The only thing I can be sure of is that eventually, as time passes, the most strident among you will look back at how things turned out, and -- no matter what it is that actually happened -- you will think that you have been proved correct.

Lots of words used to not make a point.

But until we see players coming in with none going out
To cover costs of incomings then it's on and on like ariston.... and on.... You get me lol

Thats simply not true, Martinez spend vastly more on players, so far.

3 season Martinez spent roughly £97mill on players.

Koeman around £170million on players so far.

And I ain't playing this "we sold him for x". I've always had the view that if someone has provided money, it's how you spend it.

Someone gives you money to buy a Porsche and you buy a load of Volvo's instead, that's your decision.

Not if he has been lied to. Does anyone think he would have signed if we had of told him "Ronald, you will have £100mill to spend...........when we sell Lukaku"?

He was promised money and he's asking for it to be spent.
Then he was badly advised taking the Everton job up if he thought that. It;s the model. It's what the club does. Just about everyone in football knows that's how we roll.

Koeman knew all that and accepted it. He was given a massive salary and his own ego would have made him feel he could pull the trick off of selling high and buying better with the proceeds and pushing on....well now the moment has arrived for him to do that....sounds like he's lost his nerve a bit though....

Oh dear.

3 season Martinez spent roughly £97mill on players.

Koeman around £170million on players so far.

And I ain't playing this "we sold him for x". I've always had the view that if someone has provided money, it's how you spend it.

Someone gives you money to buy a Porsche and you buy a load of Volvo's instead, that's your decision.

Oh I see, your talking about gross spend.

How uncouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back