Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Koeman: "We've only spent £7m"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a problem with it to be honest, we are used to a love in wth previous managers and the regime! It's multi faceted now with a different regime and owners and Walsh, so he's right. It's self serving in a way because we know he will be off in two years, he can't afford to fail. Isn't it interesting as well that you never hear Bill gushing about Koeman the way he did with Moyes and Boberto.

I do think it's worrying if you look at it through the lense of managing expectations a week before the season starts, it doesn't sound encouraging if that coming from the manager five weeks into training with the team.
He's a very political manager Koeman. Been saying this since he arrived. I think he knows he has a naive man in charge as far as football goes and he'll run rings round Moshiri.

Ultimately though there is only one winner in these siutations, and it isn't the manager.

Koeman has a vested interest in net spend appearing low and important though. As if we don't perform this season he can point out how little he has spent.

He isn't called the "Dutch Moyes" by some people for no reason. Of course that is in his interest.

Doesn't mean he's actually wrong though.

All the idiots on here saying we had loads of cash we can buy anyone. Maybe now you'll start listening that it is not the case!

Did martina on a free not give you warning signs?
Exactly and it's about time some fools on here took note. Otherwise your in for a long hard season

No need for you to come on here just to call other fans names.

Reported both these posts.

But Sigurdsson's fee could be easily negated by Barkley and, say, McCarthy leaving.

That's the point - whether we're sell to buy.

"Premature" is the opposite of what I'm being here - I'm actually saying wait and see, and have done all along.
Wasn't specifically talking about you mate, just a lot of people around here seem to be of the opinion that the spending has stopped and the Sigurdsson deal has gone on forever because the Lukaku money has been spent and we need to sell again. It's a baseless suggestion whilst there's still 3.5 weeks left of the transfer window.

Koeman has a vested interest in net spend appearing low and important though. As if we don't perform this season he can point out how little he has spent.
No he doesn't. He's judged on what the team does, which is why he's rightly pissed if they won't spend money as he was promised.
Nobody hires managers because the team they were at was rubbish but they spent f all.

At least Koeman is speaking up. He's similar to the passive aggressive wife that is obviously right about something but doesn't want to make a fuss to daddy.

Said this all along! I was slated for it yet I'm right again

He's completely correct in what he's saying. Yet some deluded fans seem to believe otherwise

Well done koeman up in my ratings after that. Sensible comment. Some fans are shouting out how much money we have/ are going to spend when in reality it's not like that at all.

I said this to you a few weeks ago. Once Lukaku was sold, it meant that for now you are 'right'. If we spend £45-£50m on Sigurdsson next week will you admit you weren't right? And what about if we buy more players on top of that?

What net spend will be acceptable to you out of interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back