Kone Signs on 3 Year Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
One game. And yes he was shocking. Yakubu was shocking against Borisov, but he still managed to have a decent career with us. Personally I don't rate him tbh, but to say he's one of our worst players in history after how minutes played is ridiculous. Judge him once he's had a run in the team.

he will never get a run in the team though thats the point, he's 4th choice at best now and at £5m for a player with no sell on its an awful awful buy

he will never get a run in the team though thats the point, he's 4th choice at best now and at £5m for a player with no sell on its an awful awful buy
He was decent with Wigan, Bobby rated him, he was available and bought, then he got a terrible injury.
Stuff happens it's not the player's fault
I hope he recovers fully and gets the few runs out he needs to restore his self belief

I genuinely feel bad for the guy. Its too easy to write him off like a classic sick note case. But it must be hugely frustrating not getting a chance to win over the fans after such a long spell on the sidelines, not to mention albeit brief but unimpressive beginning to his toffees career. Imagine how disheartening it must be to have been out for a year, finally work your way back to fitness and a place on the bench. Only to feel a lingering pain in his knee. Must have been a real blow to his development.

"A chunk of cartilage has come off in his knee" - that's a quote from Bobby on the latest update.

He's not doing this on purpose. You think he wants this? I just hope its not the end of his career and that we get to see him grab a few goals in an Everton shirt. Our recent history with No.9's has not been successful...but it would be great to see him play some part this season.

If fit last season he would have got a game. And I'm sure if he ragains full fitness he will be called upon this season. You couldn't predict he would get an injury like that, it's just one of those things. Like I said, I don't personally rate him. But after the season he had £5m was a decent price for a back-up striker. Just hasn't worked out because of the injury yet, and it might never. But it's just bad luck not a bad signing. Signing average players like Heitinga, Bily and Neville who got into the first team annoys me more.

The OS (28th October 2013)

Roberto Martinez has confirmed an injury to Arouna Kone meant the forward was unavailable for the 2-0 win at Aston Villa on Saturday.The Blues emerged from the Midlands victorious thanks to second-half goals from Romelu Lukaku and Leon Osman, but Ivorian Kone was not named in the matchday squad.After the game, Martinez explained his absence as being down to a knock sustained a week prior."It was during the last game against Hull City," said the Everton manager."He received the ball and then got a strong challenge on his knee."We're hoping that it's not going to be too much of a serious problem, but he's going to miss the best part of four days."

:coffee:

Pinching one comment before a full diagnosis was available there Dave.

Not like you at all that.
Yes, but you know what Roberto's like:

multielephants_knight.jpg

...just a flesh wound...

He's an Everton player who got injured
We should be supporting and hoping his rehabilitation is successful
If Eto'o had got injured after a few games he'd probably be the worst ever in some people's eyes
Eto'o was a free transfer, we blew £6m on Kone. I know you'll say wages but atleast Eto'o is out there putting in a shift for us, Kone is probably on about £40k p/w as well. When I first heard we were after him I didn't want him and to spend £6m on a 30+ year old with his record was just a careless waste of money.

Eto'o was a free transfer, we blew £6m on Kone. I know you'll say wages but atleast Eto'o is out there putting in a shift for us, Kone is probably on about £40k p/w as well. When I first heard we were after him I didn't want him and to spend £6m on a 30+ year old with his record was just a careless waste of money.
Any Everton player can get injured at any time
Do we just junk them?
Kone has been so unfortunate it's unbelievable
Mirallas got injured shortly after joining, he was out for a while but lucky for him he hadn't missed a few goal chances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back