Kone Signs on 3 Year Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a disappointment but its part of the game.

Everyone knows that knees can explode at anytime if they're overplayed or unlucky.

To suggest otherwise would be like going outside and urinating into the wind.

If we sign 10 players and have a failure rate of 1/10 thats acceptable losses in our game.

We just don't want to have losses higher than anyone else.

Plus bigger money was put on younger players and we signed Eto'o for nothing.

So in my mind that cuts the Kone fee in half.

I hope he makes it back. Kone.

But will not be surprised if he doesn't. Its football. Nothing anyone can do will change this

Its a disappointment but its part of the game.

Everyone knows that knees can explode at anytime if they're overplayed or unlucky.

To suggest otherwise would be like going outside and urinating into the wind.

If we sign 10 players and have a failure rate of 1/10 thats acceptable losses in our game.

We just don't want to have losses higher than anyone else.

Plus bigger money was put on younger players and we signed Eto'o for nothing.

So in my mind that cuts the Kone fee in half.

I hope he makes it back. Kone.

But will not be surprised if he doesn't. Its football. Nothing anyone can do will change thism

No, anyone who has bad knees will tell you they always give you problems after you've done it.

oh thats ok then you've cut the fee in half so its only £2.5m wasted.

No, anyone who has bad knees will tell you they always give you problems after you've done it.

oh thats ok then you've cut the fee in half so its only £2.5m wasted.

Based on that logic Alan Shearer should not have been bought by Newcastle and Man United were stupid to try and sign him. Shearer did his knee ligaments in 1992.

The same can be said about Van Nistlerooy. He did his knee in before man United signed him.

Over a million pounds per game just with the transfer and now 18 months out?

32 and won't even play this year. Do players have some kind of glue factory we can sell them to?

Based on that logic Alan Shearer should not have been bought by Newcastle and Man United were stupid to try and sign him. Shearer did his knee ligaments in 1992.

The same can be said about Van Nistlerooy. He did his knee in before man United signed him.

I didn't say that i was just refuting the point that the knee going was just a chance occurring.

getting injured is just one of the risks of signing an older player.

£5m is not a decent price for a back up striker when your not going to get any of it back due to his age, thats the whole point. He has done his cruciate before and had another seperate long term knee injury a few years ago. So an old player who was prone to knee injuries gets another 2 knee injuries while he was here is just bad luck??

I absolutely cannot believe you're telling me Heitinga & Neville were worse signings than Kone that just lunacy.

We paid £5m to have Lukaku for one season on loan. We paid £5m for Distin who was 31? At the time. Sometimes it's not about sell on value but if they can prove their worth. Ok, Kone hasn't yet. But that's been down to luck. I tend to judge the players on how they actually perform for us. Not playing at all is less damaging than playing badly for us, like Heitinga, Neville and Bily did.

Over a million pounds per game just with the transfer and now 18 months out?

32 and won't even play this year. Do players have some kind of glue factory we can sell them to?

If there was a was a chance you can predict injuries then yeah sure then the likes of west ham wouldn't have spent £1.2m per appearance on Andy Carroll.

These things happen. look at RVP, injury prone but stayed injury free and basically won a league for United.

We paid £5m to have Lukaku for one season on loan. We paid £5m for Distin who was 31? At the time. Sometimes it's not about sell on value but if they can prove their worth. Ok, Kone hasn't yet. But that's been down to luck. I tend to judge the players on how they actually perform for us. Not playing at all is less damaging than playing badly for us, like Heitinga, Neville and Bily did.

Distin was a starter as was Lukaku (he didnt cost £5m either), Kone never was. In fact he was 3rd choice until we sold Jelavic, Everton as a club cant throw £5m on old backups with no sell on value and no room for improvement.

If there was a was a chance you can predict injuries then yeah sure then the likes of west ham wouldn't have spent £1.2m per appearance on Andy Carroll.

These things happen. look at RVP, injury prone but stayed injury free and basically won a league for United.

Andy Carroll would have started every game for West Ham when fit, RVP the same. Kone wouldn't and didnt thats the difference.

Totally agree. At the time we signed Kone we had no strong options and no budget. To RM, £6m on a striker he knows and who had stayed injury free for his time at Wigan was a no brainer.

Andy Carroll would have started every game for West Ham when fit, RVP the same. Kone wouldn't and didnt thats the difference.

Jelavic was a mentally shot striker. We had him, Vic, and Naismith. At that time we signed him kone was very much first choice.

He scored 13 goals in a poor team and offers good link up play.

Jelavic was a mentally shot striker. We had him, Vic, and Naismith. At that time we signed him kone was very much first choice.

He scored 13 goals in a poor team and offers good link up play.

He was never 1st choice, he was never picked ahead of Jelavic (who started the first 3 league games ahead of him) and he was fit when we signed Lukaku so at best he was 3rd choice.

He was never 1st choice, he was never picked ahead of Jelavic (who started the first 3 league games ahead of him) and he was fit when we signed Lukaku so at best he was 3rd choice.

He was rested due to the impact Ramadan had on his preseason. The fact that jelavic was sold despite kone being injured, and only scoring 1 premier league goal in 2013 days it all.

Do you honestly think kone was behind jelavic? Martinez gave him his initial chance to prove himself and was cast off.

If jelavic was a pure goalscorer as he had been early on in his Everton career I don't believe Martinez would have signed Kone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back