2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unsurprisingly, it must be 'turn against all our players and say they're awful time'. When will it be perfectly acceptable again to say they're a decent addition?
To be fair, most on this forum have agreed that the likes of Richarlison and Gomes have been, as you say, “decent additions”.
But to answer your question directly, I for one would agree that new defenders were decent additions if they improve our defence.
Being at fault for goals or generally lacking the savvy to deal with the general threat in a defence that leaks six goals at home, is not what I would consider an improvement.

To be fair if you are calling the game footy id suggest its not for you.

First thing you learn playing the game mate, is the keeper is the Alpha, he sees the whole pitch if the keeper shouts at you to leave it you get out of dodge.

Im presuming he shouted on the balance of probability, given he ate Zouma out of it.

Im glad i can help you understand, what can be a very beautiful game at times or as you would say Footy.

Don’t really think it matter if you call it football or footie.

Pickford should never leave the penalty area in the first place, no need to come flying out like that. Once he does it’s still more Zouma that’s in control of the ball until it eventually breaks, so he should be emptying it. But the confusion should never have been created in the first place so it’s on Pickford.

Whether Pickford was right or wrong to leave his area is secondary imho to what happened after he made the decision. Rule number one for a 'keeper in that situation is to take the ball and anything and everything else that gets in the way. Pickford dithered after he was committed. That was unforgivable when I played in goal over 30 years ago and it is every bit as unforgivable now.

Whether Pickford was right or wrong to leave his area is secondary imho to what happened after he made the decision. Rule number one for a 'keeper in that situation is to take the ball and anything and everything else that gets in the way. Pickford dithered after he was committed. That was unforgivable when I played in goal over 30 years ago and it is every bit as unforgivable now.

Yup, he panicked. Just kicked it at Zouma. Could have belted it for a throw. Still, Zouma was getting pulled left right and centre. Poor defensive show all round. Not one of them took command and organized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back