Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Kyle Naughton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not sell Lescott then so we don't need another left back

Easy

Unfortunately we aren't the ones who decided if he goes or not.

Im just saying, it's obvious they want him (although I've heard Upson is going there), so if he goes, we need to replace him, and invest in a left back.

Can't deny any of that!

From the resulting throw-in I simply wrote down "Wow" due to the distance he propelled the ball into the Wednesday box. He was also very good at picking players out from these throws which are clearly a potent weapon in United's armoury.

Three bits of play showed me that this is no ordinary right-back. First, he played the ball inside his opposite full-back with the outside of his foot, brilliantly curling the ball around the man into the path of his team-mate. He then hit a cross-cum-half-volley, also with the outside of his foot, which fizzed across goal, and finally he received the ball just outside the box and flicked the ball to his winger in mid-air - skill you don't associate with a defender.

Pace 9/10

Attacking 9/10

Passing 9/10

Heading 8/10

Team responsibility 8/10

Valuation £1m

Looks good. Maybe Moyes sees him as Right Winger?

Pace 9/10

Attacking 9/10

Passing 9/10

Heading 8/10

Team responsibility 8/10

Valuation £1m

Hmm.

Jesus, could have another Jagielka type player on our hands!

These are the type of players we need to be going for!

:lol:

Wouldn't be a bad thing like would it?

Moyes has a 'nasty' habit of getting the best out of players, so fingers crossed we get him and Moyes' dirty habits continue!

Unfortunately we aren't the ones who decided if he goes or not.

Im just saying, it's obvious they want him (although I've heard Upson is going there), so if he goes, we need to replace him, and invest in a left back.

Can't deny any of that!

IF he leaves and I agree, we shouldn't rule it out completely, I'm sure Moyes realises he needs to bring in a back up left back.

FFS how unexciting.

Why are we going for decent ish Championship players for that kinda money?

Do you see any of the top 4 going for these kinda players? No. They bid 5m for someone called Dominquez or La Penezea or something from some exotic country.

I am uninspired.

5m gone from the moutinho fund.

That was at the start of the season and hes always utter crap with his valuations.

I see. If he's crap with his valuations...what are his actual scouting reports usually like?

:lol:

Wouldn't be a bad thing like would it?

Moyes has a 'nasty' habit of getting the best out of players, so fingers crossed we get him and Moyes' dirty habits continue!

Wouldn't at all. Although, hopefully in a few years, if we got him that is, he would have settled down and have one established position.

FFS how unexciting.

Do you see any of the top 4 going for these kinda players? No. They bid 5m for someone called Dominquez or La Penezea or something from some exotic country.

I am uninspired.

Is this serious? Our best players where once decent Championship players...for that kind of money.

I wasn't exactly inspired when I heard about Lescott, Jagielka or Cahill, but hey ho.

Last edited:
FFS how unexciting.

I am uninspired.

Pretty sure it's only Liverpool that do that and they're always [Poor language removed] anyway.

I know what you mean tho, it's not very exciting.

His scouting reports are good, just crap at deciding how much a players worth, he's used to wheeling and dealing freebies at Weymouth and Millwall so probably rates player prices low :unsure:

EFCNIK - Do you like Tim Cahill, Phil Jagielka or Joleon Lescott?

I did think about this before I posted. But no, im stubborn and all logic has gone out the window. I want Moutinho. And I want him now. Naughton can go back to gretna on loan. I dont even care if they dont exist anymore.

Wouldn't at all. Although, hopefully in a few years, if we got him that is, he would have settled down and have one established position.

Yeah man, I can see him being an attack minded RB. If we get a partnership going on the right like we have on the left then definitely!

With Neville in a sort of Carsley role to cover RB when he goes up field, could be special!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back