Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Kyle Naughton

Status
Not open for further replies.
If true, Moyes must be hoping that the lad is going to push Hibbert out. We need a right back, but a good one. Lars, Hibbert and Neville can all do a job there, so I'm guessing that this will be hoped to be another Lescott bargain. We can dream anyway. TBF, I know absolutely nothing about him.

If this comes off, then it will surely be the case that the big money goes on the midfield.

Would be nice to get a early deal done for a promising right back then hopefully push for a winger with pace and a midfielder.

Moyes is very good at picking players from the lower leagues and make them premiership players of very good standard. Hope this will be one of them.. would love to get a better RB than Hibbert.

IF we sign this guy, I think Jacobsen will be cut from the squad. Would prefer to give him a new contract and try to sell Hibbert.

It's a case of having to, given our limited transfer budget. But then again, why pay £15m for a player when you can buy him for £5m and turn him into a £15m player? (y)

I think Moyes has done such a good job previously with Championship buys that we are in danger of expecting any Championship signing to be a first team regular/star.

He's 20, and we are bidding £3.5m plus appearances? £3.5m isn't small, but it isn't big either. It's less than we paid for Jags, Baines or Lescott, and this kid is much younger (and so you'd think a lot of the price is for potential rather than current ability).

So if we do end up buying him, please don't assume he'll be better than Hibbert from day one. I can see there being a backlash against him to to excessive expectations.

What I like about Moyes is he does his homework beforehand and takes a chance on a player before they break out into prominence. I hope this is another one that meets his enthuasim and deceides to come our way.(y)

I think Moyes has done such a good job previously with Championship buys that we are in danger of expecting any Championship signing to be a first team regular/star.

He's 20, and we are bidding £3.5m plus appearances? £3.5m isn't small, but it isn't big either. It's less than we paid for Jags, Baines or Lescott, and this kid is much younger (and so you'd think a lot of the price is for potential rather than current ability).

So if we do end up buying him, please don't assume he'll be better than Hibbert from day one. I can see there being a backlash against him to to excessive expectations.

If you think about it, paying £3.5M in todays inflated market, it probably would work out less that paying the same amount for Lescott and Cahill etc back then.

I haven't seen him play that often, but I have heard a lot about him. He's been watched by all the big clubs recently. If we could get him ahead of them, it would be a major coup for us.
I wonder if Vic is part of any deal?

If you read that Sky news it says they think the initial fee is 3,5 million. Not a bad investment, one of our biggest weaknesses at the moment is we don't have a RB that can attack or who has pace. This lad would manage both.

According to SSn we have made a bid, no official comment from either club. So calm down everyone, he has not been signed yet and after all it is only a SSn report so how reliable is that?

AS regards Lescott, not a penny less than 30 mill I say. if Lescott goes how about Boro's Wheater as a replacement?

According to SSn we have made a bid, no official comment from either club. So calm down everyone, he has not been signed yet and after all it is only a SSn report so how reliable is that?

AS regards Lescott, not a penny less than 30 mill I say. if Lescott goes how about Boro's Wheater as a replacement?

When was the last time our site reported making a bid?

Our site sometimes reports when we have bids accepted (Ramsey) but never comment before negotiations reach that point (except for Riquelme, naturally).

Not overly excited personally....

Its not like we're going for a Danny Alves-esque, hardcore, reliable, experienced RB now is it?

Trust Moyesilla all the time...but like Davek said, I thought Seamus was gonna be the "next" big RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back