Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Kyle Naughton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not overly excited personally....

Its not like we're going for a Danny Alves-esque, hardcore, reliable, experienced RB now is it?

Trust Moyesilla all the time...but like Davek said, I thought Seamus was gonna be the "next" big RB.

We paid buttons for Seamus, so if he turns out good great, if not, oh well.

I can really see this Naughton lid playing RM, from what ive heard he would do an excellent job there. Cant honestly say ive seen him play tho.

But as someone else has stated, he hasnt signed.

We paid buttons for Seamus, so if he turns out good great, if not, oh well.

I can really see this Naughton lid playing RM, from what ive heard he would do an excellent job there. Cant honestly say ive seen him play tho.

But as someone else has stated, he hasnt signed.

Wasnt it a mill or 2?

This lids 5mill! That's 5mill off the Mout lid!!!!

SSN are saying it's been rejected.

They're normally spot on with their sources, transfers fall through for loads of reasons but there's normally some truth behind potential deals when SSN report it, they're not the type to make up a rumour or listen to some mickey mouse journalist who's made something up because he can't be bothered to get a real story

Another kid bites the dusty and will be off to United or Arsenal to warm the bench for 3 seasons before being flogged on...class!

I thought this would be rejected id say Utd are looking for 5mill up front.

Wouldnt surprise me if the club made an enquiry, told 5mill (as is widley reported) and went in with an offer of 3.5mill and add ons.

Anyway id expect Naughton to be a slow burner if we signed him ive watched him a fair bit and he has the quality, he needs to develop consistencey and adjust to the prem he would be blooded sparingly if you ask me similar to Bainsey.

If this bid id true i think you will find Moysie wont go for an out and out winger, he will want his width to come form Baines and Naughton (Neville for now), he always liked this. I think he would sign two centre midfeilders one Defenisve/Covering like Mbia/Delph and one witha bit of quality like the Mout or Trocski. Almost playing with a front four or five.

Example

-------------Howard

Nev/Naugton--Jags--Lescott--Baines

-------------Mbia/Delph

Mout/Troc-----Arteta---------Pienarr

----------Yak-------Saha/Vaghan/Owen

Or drop one of the strikers and either put Nev or the Mout/Troc in a five man midfield.

I also think if Naughton came in it would spell the end of Hibbet i think perhaos the FA cup final made Myes realise Hibbo doesnt have a ticket to the journey the club is on.

Last edited:
Super! 5m wasted on a reserve, we must have money to burn this summer then!:@

Or £5m invested on a promising youngster which would be great business if he becomes an established 1st teamer

Yeh great, so when did we become so rich we could do what your suggesting? We need money spent on 1st teamers not maybe's

When did we get rich enough to buy the finished article?

There is a difference between buying the likes of Cahill/Lescott and Naughton. The 1st two were always going to come into the 1st team squad, Naughton would be bought to essentially play in the reserves for a couple of seasons

There is a difference between buying the likes of Cahill/Lescott and Naughton. The 1st two were always going to come into the 1st team squad, Naughton would be bought to essentially play in the reserves for a couple of seasons

Lescott had to earn his place in the first team

On ssn it says that we have offered around £3.5m rising to £5m

We do need a new RB as Hibbert is not the right type of player to move us forward and challenge the 'Top 4' but it does look like the end of Jacobsen, which is a shame as he has looked decent the few games hes played

Thats why he has played every single game virtually since he joined!:lol:

Yea, after he earned his place at centre back. At the start of the season when we bought him he was on the bench. Its just like Jags he wasn't bought as a centre back but he's played virtually every game hasn't he.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back