Last Film You Watched

View attachment 208295

Went to see this last night - The Popes Exorcist.

Mixed reviews, but I really enjoyed it.

Russel Crowe has a ball, playing the real life, Father Gabrielle Amorth, who is dispatched by the Vatican, to exorcise a young boy, who is possessed by an ancient demon in rural Spain.

Watches very much like a modern Hammer Horror, spooky as hell, loads of suspense and an off the scale bonkers end.
So what you’re basically saying is that it’s like Gladiator, but with Demons?🤔

I’m intrigued now…

@COYBL25 Happy birthday for the other day btw… Hope it was a good one, I mean besides Everton getting pnwed! 🙄

Marvels Antman & The Wasp Quantum mania.
Was ok for midday matinee where I wasn’t paying too much attention. Certainly better than the last couple of MCU films I’ve watched.
Still think they’re very much on the wane now.

Castle Freak (1995)
Don't know about you, but this is the closest I've come to seeing a horror masterpiece in a while. Totally unexpected as well. It's a brilliant movie, it's so well made. The gore and the hideous monster design is brilliant, and we get to see some pretty messed up (but also really funny) stuff happening in it. 9/10
Love me some Castle Freak. That heady mix of Gordon directing, Crampton being hot and Combs being mad as a box of frogs was always a hit with me.

Thanks mate x

Much more tongue in cheek than Gladiator and Russel Crowe really hams his role up.
So every time he vanquishes a demon, he's not like:

gladiator-russell-crowe.gif

View attachment 208295

Went to see this last night - The Popes Exorcist.

Mixed reviews, but I really enjoyed it.

Russel Crowe has a ball, playing the real life, Father Gabrielle Amorth, who is dispatched by the Vatican, to exorcise a young boy, who is possessed by an ancient demon in rural Spain.

Watches very much like a modern Hammer Horror, spooky as hell, loads of suspense and an off the scale bonkers end.

Was good bar the final 10/15 mins.

I have Amorth's books - they're terrible.

View attachment 208390

Watched it with the kids yesterday.

Not as bad as the critics are making out.

Jurassic Park in Space.

Adam Driver is great, as always. It’s just that it’s a little bit too slow for the type of film it’s meant to be.

Fantastic actor, competent yet uninspiring movie. Could have been ace if they actually thought about it properly.

notice that they trek for 2 days only for him to run back to the acid geyser that was actually near the ship? 🤔

Fantastic actor, competent yet uninspiring movie. Could have been ace if they actually thought about it properly.

notice that they trek for 2 days only for him to run back to the acid geyser that was actually near the ship? 🤔

I did !

I think one of its main problems, was that with only two of them, it needed more dialogue between them.

But with the little girl not speaking English, it didn‘t flow.

Last edited:
View attachment 208390

Watched it with the kids yesterday.

Not as bad as the critics are making out.

Jurassic Park in Space.

Adam Driver is great, as always. It’s just that it’s a little bit too slow for the type of film it’s meant to be.
Even though it's quite a short film, the pacing is very slow with just the two people in it. They're both good, but the film is just missing something. I thought it was basically ok, but fairly unmemorable.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back