Last Film You Watched

Who Dares Wins - Critically panned vehicle for Lewis Collins' ultimately unsuccessful movie career. I enjoyed it though and it does have some solid, albeit cheap 80's British movie solid, action in the final act. And Collins was always great in capable but smug over bearingly confident arsehole roles. After this he did a couple of Eurotrash military action flicks starring alongside the likes of Lee Van Cleef, Klaus Klinski, Donald Pleasence and Ernest Borgnine which I'm going to have to track down.

Also has a catfight scene featuring a 40 something Ingrid Pitt whose character is inexplicably wearing stockings and a low cut top for some terrorism related activity which led me to The Vampire Lovers. Standard latter years Hammer Horror blood & boobs with a young(ish) Arthur Daley.

Watched Glass Onion as well. Fairly good, not as inventive as the first one and less of a whodunnit really. There is one pivotal scene that is done in full sight for a 'we did it in full sight and now we're gonna blow your mind that you missed it' reveal which doesn't work as it's really obviously noticeable the first time. Fun film though with just the right amount of ham and over stylized design.

Watched the Luther film. I knew it'd be rubbish but watched it in Spanish to help learning the language. Turns out it was mainly just grunts as Poundland James Bond wrestles over and over with many randoms. Taking on a whole prison single handedly was the most realistic part of the film. Utter balls no idea how I lasted to the end. Looks like there's another to follow that'll be even worse no doubt.

Watched that film Searching, which pretty much all takes place over 'screens' be it mobile, laptop etc. After his daughter goes missing, a man takes it upon himself to investigate what happened.

Really enjoyed it although there were a few shortcomings solely due to the reliance on screens. Hard to explain, you'll understand if you've seen it.

Watched that film Searching, which pretty much all takes place over 'screens' be it mobile, laptop etc. After his daughter goes missing, a man takes it upon himself to investigate what happened.

Really enjoyed it although there were a few shortcomings solely due to the reliance on screens. Hard to explain, you'll understand if you've seen it.
Great little underrated film that - They tried to replicate it recently (less successfully) with "Missing"

There's a new one coming out soon, Missing, that flips the script. Girl's mother goes missing in Colombia, she tries to track her down from home via phones, laptop etc. Looks quite good.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back