Last Film You Watched

Watched Accident Man and Accident Man: Hitman's Holiday this afternoon. Thought they were a couple of fun action movies; I like Scott Adkins, but I always think of Rob Brydon when I see him.

No way, deserves a higher score than that.

Josh Hartnett best film, a really different take on the genre, cracking cinematography and proper edge of your seat stuff once the lights go out.

I enjoyed it, but didn't really find it scary. I rarely get scared by horror films at this point though. I was expecting a bit more carnage as well, having heard other people rave about both the gore and how tense this film is. It didn't really live up to the hype imo.

Hartnett was great in it, I agree. I pretty much like him in anything he does. I also enjoyed Danny Huston as the vampire leader and Melissa George was likeable enough. The other characters didn't really leave an impression.

It's a good looking film for sure, even if some of the weather (the blizzard) and the snow on the ground looked a bit fake. I basically live in a snowy hole so I notice the difference. That goes for a lot of American films though.

6/10 is a good score in my book, it's the same I've given several other films I've enjoyed. Anything from 6 and up is a good film. Perhaps I should've given it a 7 for it's creativity, but I always try to be strict, and my ratings are purely based on my enjoyment as I'm not a critic (and I never will be). I don't like to throw 9s and 10s around at just about anything, I want it to mean something when I do.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention the wonderful usage of the Wilhelm scream.

Last edited:
Last Kingdom film, good but not as good as the show just felt like a season of the show squashed into a film
Binge watched the 5 series leading upto the finale which I watched last night. I enjoyed it but I think you're right in that there was too much story to fit into a film and it feels as though they cut too many corners compared to a series.

Uhtred of Bebbanburg is probably my favourite literary character. I absolutely loved the books and the TV adaptation was very good too IMO. Last nights film brought an end to both and I can't help feeling a little deflated. At least I have Everton to cheer me up.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back