Last Film You Watched

Binge watched the 5 series leading upto the finale which I watched last night. I enjoyed it but I think you're right in that there was too much story to fit into a film and it feels as though they cut too many corners compared to a series.

Uhtred of Bebbanburg is probably my favourite literary character. I absolutely loved the books and the TV adaptation was very good too IMO. Last nights film brought an end to both and I can't help feeling a little deflated. At least I have Everton to cheer me up.
Be better if they had just focused on the big battle, with a bit of a lead up and explanation

Nice article on the abiding longevity of all things dude, with some cool behind the scenes photos.

Nice article on the abiding longevity of all things dude, with some cool behind the scenes photos.
'People didn't get it' ?

I feel for those people. Def sounds more of a reaction from people of this era tho...

Operation Fortune. Ruse de Guerre. Was OK I suppose, worth a watch if you have nothing else to do. Standard Jason Statham fare tbh. Not the best Guy Ritchie film I've seen either and I wouldn't have guessed he was the director had I not seen the credits.

Seems Hugh Grant is getting a name for himself playing the "cockney geezer". Quite enjoyed it in The Gentlemen but getting a bit bored with it now.

Operation Fortune. Ruse de Guerre. Was OK I suppose, worth a watch if you have nothing else to do. Standard Jason Statham fare tbh. Not the best Guy Ritchie film I've seen either and I wouldn't have guessed he was the director had I not seen the credits.

Seems Hugh Grant is getting a name for himself playing the "cockney geezer". Quite enjoyed it in The Gentlemen but getting a bit bored with it now.

I thought his monologue at the end was cool though.

I really like Hugh Grant as the extremely slimy creature hes been playing.

Binge watched the 5 series leading upto the finale which I watched last night. I enjoyed it but I think you're right in that there was too much story to fit into a film and it feels as though they cut too many corners compared to a series.

Uhtred of Bebbanburg is probably my favourite literary character. I absolutely loved the books and the TV adaptation was very good too IMO. Last nights film brought an end to both and I can't help feeling a little deflated. At least I have Everton to cheer me up.
Also enjoyed it but all those twists and turns being condensed into one film really showed up how heavy on the plot armour that series was. Still a very enjoyable bit of historical fantasy though. Great battle scene, a fun "Son of..." joke and I did like the final scene.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back