Last Film You Watched

Saw the new restoration of Raging Bull at the cinema - it's hard to remember, but it might be the first time I've seen the film since the 80s. Still an incredible piece of cinema, and one that's much more powerful now I'm so much older. Would definitely recommend getting along to it if it's showing near you.
Brilliant film that, the girl in was a great actress, also black an white, nice.

palm trees and power lines

sundance-2022-dack-palm-trees.jpg.webp

One of the most unnerving film I've seen in ages, and I was a lot of unnerving films

palm trees and power lines

sundance-2022-dack-palm-trees.jpg.webp

One of the most unnerving film I've seen in ages, and I was a lot of unnerving films
Never heard of or seen the film but I do like that Johnathon Tucker, so am sure he made it worth the watch..

( In Acting Terms that Is, Just incase that gave the wrong Impression )

Ghosted on Apple TV

Some easy watch Friday night fluff. Oh my God, it’s so bad.

I realised 5 minutes in to it that there was no way I could watch it sober, so I had some weed and settled in.

It was so shockingly awful, but mixed with my high, I had a brilliant time with it. Chris Evans (Captain America) was the main character. I’ve never really watched him in anything before but man, that guy cannot act. He is hilariously bad.

The movie had majorly weird tonal shifts, it was really serious one minute, then the next it was jokey will all sorts of pathetic lame quips in otherwise serious situations.

They had this running theme between the two characters about a cactus, which was soooo obvious, yet they felt the need to add exposition to explain that ‘subtext’ at the end of the move, in case anyone watching was a literal dribbling moron.

One of the worst movies I’ve ever seen.

Ghosted on Apple TV

Some easy watch Friday night fluff. Oh my God, it’s so bad.

I realised 5 minutes in to it that there was no way I could watch it sober, so I had some weed and settled in.

It was so shockingly awful, but mixed with my high, I had a brilliant time with it. Chris Evans (Captain America) was the main character. I’ve never really watched him in anything before but man, that guy cannot act. He is hilariously bad.

The movie had majorly weird tonal shifts, it was really serious one minute, then the next it was jokey will all sorts of pathetic lame quips in otherwise serious situations.

They had this running theme between the two characters about a cactus, which was soooo obvious, yet they felt the need to add exposition to explain that ‘subtext’ at the end of the move, in case anyone watching was a literal dribbling moron.

One of the worst movies I’ve ever seen.
Worth watching for Ana though mate. NEA.

3md.webp

Went to see this last night. Great fun - just a big, splashy, old-fashioned bit of entertainment, with great stunts and swordfights. Fine cast, too: Vincent Cassel, Eva Green, Romain Duris, plus Francois Civil (from Bac Nord AKA The Stronghold) as the title character. It's obviously a very expensive production, and it looks great. Looking forward to the second one (they filmed the two back-to-back). Definitely recommended.

I watched Holy Cross yesterday, think it was made around 2003.

Based on the terrible violent events that erupted in North Belfast when the residents of Glenbyrn, a predominantly Protestant suburb, objected to Catholic schoolgirls walking through their neighbourhood from the Catholic area of Ardoyne to attend the Holy Cross primary school.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back