Last Film You Watched

Watched that film Searching, which pretty much all takes place over 'screens' be it mobile, laptop etc. After his daughter goes missing, a man takes it upon himself to investigate what happened.

Really enjoyed it although there were a few shortcomings solely due to the reliance on screens. Hard to explain, you'll understand if you've seen it.
Just watched this, thought it was good, well worth a watch

Thanks for the recommendation ;)

Sector 7 (2011)
What can I say about this one lol It took what felt like forever to get going and had a ton of really dodgy CGI and awkward green screen work. They could've done with showing the monster a lot less. The green screen stuff just felt so lazy and unnecessary, especially when all they did was walk down a hallway in an oil rig with nothing really happening. Surely it wouldn't blow up their budget to walk down a real life hallway instead of an animated one. The film is also filled with cliches, but I can live with that. It's a popcorn movie after all.

I still had some fun with it, and the main girl was just super cute - as expected from a Korean film. Fighting the monster was made into a real struggle, which I liked. It had it's funny moments as well, and I liked how the main chick turned into Ethan Hunt suddenly with some bonkers motorcycling skills (yes, they have motorcycles on oil rigs in South Korea).

It won't get a high rating from me, but I don't regret watching it either. Even when it's quite bad, Korean cinema manages to keep me somewhat entertained. Some of the acting performances were also quite enjoyable. 5/10

bullettrain_onesheet_1400x2100_v4.jpg

Decent, wholesome fun with a whole load of death.

Didn't know Aaron Taylor married an old bird?

Fair play to him I suppose. I used to work with a lad who married a girl 20 years his senior and he seemed happy enough despite my many dust themed jokes?

8 references to Thomas the Tank Engine/10.

Scream 2, wasn't as good as I remembered. Thank god Jada Pinkett Smiths character gets killed in the opening scene as she was very annoying. The original is probably the only film in the series worth watching, zero interest in watching 4-6 or the series.

bullettrain_onesheet_1400x2100_v4.jpg

Decent, wholesome fun with a whole load of death.

Didn't know Aaron Taylor married an old bird?

Fair play to him I suppose. I used to work with a lad who married a girl 20 years his senior and he seemed happy enough despite my many dust themed jokes?

8 references to Thomas the Tank Engine/10.

I enjoyed watching that, thought it was a good violently fun movie.

Vampyr (1932)
Not gonna lie, this is the most boring film I've seen from this era as of yet. It's got some atmosphere for sure, but every horror film from the black and white era that I've seen has got that going for it. There's just not much happening, and when we compare it to the masterpiece Frankenstein (1931), Dracula (1931) or even the original Nosferatu or The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari from a decade earlier, this is really just dull. I did like the Einstein looking doctor. 5/10

Exam. Had promise but was ultimately predictable and had a couple of naff performances. The "answer" to the question also felt like a bit of a copout. Despite that, it was fairly entertaining and had some good moments. 5/10.
I recently watched that for the first time. Not sure about rewatch quality but it was an entertaining first time watch for sure and hey a British film that isn't about gangsters, council estates or a period drama, yay.

Vampyr (1932)
Not gonna lie, this is the most boring film I've seen from this era as of yet. It's got some atmosphere for sure, but every horror film from the black and white era that I've seen has got that going for it. There's just not much happening, and when we compare it to the masterpiece Frankenstein (1931), Dracula (1931) or even the original Nosferatu or The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari from a decade earlier, this is really just dull. I did like the Einstein looking doctor. 5/10
I like Vampyr, like you said it have that atmosphere that early horror did well but as far as silent era Vampire horror is concerned, Nosferatu is King.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back