Last Film You Watched

There was a story there to be told and, in fairness, I think Guy Ritchie did it justice. It's not the sort of film he usually makes and it wouldn't have worked had he produced one of his trademark pictures. But I think it would also have been inappropriate to do so given the subject matter.

Hence my comment about him perfoming directorially beyond my expectations.

He smashed it.

Just having a little watch of Beverly Hills Cop (1984)
Was thinking about the new one and how the guy who played John Taggart was still kicking around. He was born in 48.
He was 36 years old when this film was made
View attachment 210657
36 years old.
That's how most 36 year old Everton supporters look these days! 🤣

Got this one lined up to watch next:

MV5BMmZiN2VmMjktZDE5OC00ZWRmLWFlMmEtYWViMTY4NjM3ZmNkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI2MTc2ODM3._V1_.jpg

Looks good... Looks really good!

poster-large.jpg

What a ride! Gripped me from the first minute to the last.

Excellent stuff from Ritchie; showing his Directorial chops in a way I didn't think him capable.

Edit: Just noticed the above agreeable posts. Get it watched.

Great cast too.

I‘ve seen Dar Salim in a couple of Danish tv series and always thought he’d make the step up.

Ex Danish soldier too.

Richie has totally nailed it with this film.

Last edited:
Great cast too.

I‘ve seen Dar Salim in a couple of Danish tv series and always thought he’d make the step up.

Ex Danish soldier too.

Richie has totally nailed it with this film.
That whole sequence of when all the memories of Jake's rescue start coming back to him was quite intense.

Definitley never seen that in a Guy Ritchie movie before. I think he's starting to learn that not all films need a witty, smart ass, one dimensional cockney gangster to make it good.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back