Last Film You Watched

I don't mind when they are done well, and with Evil you cant really fault the make-up or effects as one plus. Modern horror really suffers from a lack of creative deveolpment. So many films - and this one included get to a point where they just revert to becoming tired old tropes. Films like Smile and Barbarian for example - You get invested in the them until they just run out of puff halfway through and wrap them up with a tired, boring ending with characters doing the dumbest things possible.
I do agree with you - but Barbarian was one of my favourite modern horror films 😂

Evil Dead Rise.

Similar to the Evil Dead remake from 2013. Well made, well shot horror with lots of squishy gore, but no entertaining story or characters.

Evil Dead 2 worked so well because it was innovative, and had a great comedic tone running through it. The latest reboots/sequels are pretty dull. But they’re probably quite cheap to make and will turn a profit.

I didn't love it - but I just think that my standards towards modern horror films have been eroded to such a low level nowadays. To me, Blumhouse has completely destroyed modern horror - turning it back into a rubbish, jump scare genre instead of generating the creeping dread that the best horrors instill into the viewer

For every The Witch, It Follows or Saint Maud there are a dozen Insidious or Annabelle clones
Think the 3 good ones you’ve listed there aren’t Blumhouse. The Witch is A24 and think Saint Maud is Film4.

Blumhouse has some good ones in there - Get Out, The Black Phone, M3gan, Hush (which is a great little underrated home invasion movie), but there’s a lot of trash they put out as well.

Think the 3 good ones you’ve listed there aren’t Blumhouse. The Witch is A24 and think Saint Maud is Film4.

Blumhouse has some good ones in there - Get Out, The Black Phone, M3gan, Hush (which is a great little underrated home invasion movie), but there’s a lot of trash they put out as well.
Sorry - I know that the 3 good ones aren't Blumhouse - was just using a few good examples to compare against their crappy output!

You're right about Get Out - but Megan and The Black Phone were trash I thought (I was really looking forward to the latter but was really underwhelmed)

Sorry - I know that the 3 good ones aren't Blumhouse - was just using a few good examples to compare against their crappy output!

You're right about Get Out - but Megan and The Black Phone were trash I thought (I was really looking forward to the latter but was really underwhelmed)

Fair dues. I thought M3gan was fine. A Child’s play remake basically but decent enough. I really liked The Black Phone, but horses for courses eh.

Fair dues. I thought M3gan was fine. A Child’s play remake basically but decent enough. I really liked The Black Phone, but horses for courses eh.
Oh definitely - horror is the weirdest genre because everybody's fears are so niche

I still hark back to the first wave of Asian horror - that stuff was right up my alley

Thought I'd pop in for a sec, have a quick look to see how everyone is finding there ways too relax the mind after today's showing,
And what a Surprise was waiting for me, would of never guessed 😲 Horror - Horror - Horror and, oh yeah 'A Bear on Coke' but I'll let him off after hunting through this thread..

Thought I'd pop in for a sec, have a quick look to see how everyone is finding there ways too relax the mind after today's showing,
And what a Surprise was waiting for me, would of never guessed 😲 Horror - Horror - Horror and, oh yeah 'A Bear on Coke' but I'll let him off after hunting through this thread..

This page alone people have seen 5 films and only one is a horror???

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back