Last Film You Watched

I’m in work so forgive me, my colleague and I were bored early this evening so he suggested a film he’d seen ages ago to lighten the mood, ladies and gentlemen I give you …

Dale & Tucker vs Evil

Now I’m not actually sure what I watched but must admit there were a few laugh out loud moments.

Not something I’ll watch again anytime soon though.

I’m in work so forgive me, my colleague and I were bored early this evening so he suggested a film he’d seen ages ago to lighten the mood, ladies and gentlemen I give you …

Dale & Tucker vs Evil

Now I’m not actually sure what I watched but must admit there were a few laugh out loud moments.

Not something I’ll watch again anytime soon though.

Cult classic mate.

I’m curious about this. Could you tell it was by Ritchie as I think generally his films are terrible?

His fascination with displaying character names on screen when introducing them was still there though.

I remember hearing Jake Gyllenhaal say that the film only had like 60 page script. Apparently all Guy Ritchie's films are like that, they're merely directions and he wants his actors to improvise. Probably why so many of them are over the top. The Covenant was a lot more restrained, albeit still fairly predictable.

So after discussing Blood Meridian the other night I was in the mood for a western and ended up watching this:

MV5BYTU3ZDJjNmEtZDgxNi00NzA4LWI0MWUtMWRjMDFlZTdiZTM0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjE2MzI5ODM@._V1_.jpg

No, just no. This might have been the first script that was written using an AI app like ChatGP.

Texas rangers and MI6 teaming up? A provisional IRA terrorist in the OK Corral?
Never been down before right? There's a reason why.

Oh, and I love John Malkovich. But this was just horrible. He's suppose to be English in this film, but he talks like he's had a stroke!
So much much so that I had to do a google search just to double check that he really didn't have one.

Avoid.

The Covenant. Saw it was a Gyllenhaal and Ritchie combo and got very excited. Sadly found it only good but underwhelming. A lot of it felt a bit like an extended prologue, which I often find is a problem in films with montages. Despite that the two leads were great, as was some of the action and tension. 6/10.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back