Last Film You Watched

6A2e5nqkeTawRaLy5xMsF69ymBj.webp

Been wanting to see this film for many years, I had the soundtrack on tape from the library when I was a kid, so quite cool to watch it for the first time on a director approved hi-def format.

Excellent, very gripping story of four desperate men moving unstable dynamite across South America. Simple premise, brilliant film from William Friedkin, which utterly bombed on release but has been critically reappraised in recent years.

On Blu Ray.

View attachment 211791

Been wanting to see this film for many years, I had the soundtrack on tape from the library when I was a kid, so quite cool to watch it for the first time on a director approved hi-def format.

Excellent, very gripping story of four desperate men moving unstable dynamite across South America. Simple premise, brilliant film from William Friedkin, which utterly bombed on release but has been critically reappraised in recent years.

On Blu Ray.
Amazing film this, I've got the original version but I've never got around to watching it Wages Of Fear.

Yeah It bombed because it clashed with Star Wars!

Finally got around to watching "robogeisha"

Campy, moronic, awesome, stupid, amazing, lame, brilliant. Not sure what to feel. Unfortunately, I watched the dubbed-English version which gave it an extra level of ridiculousness in the form of inane dialogue on par with all early Jacky Chan films. Rented it on Prime for $3.

The dubbing is probably in sync with the campness and stupidity, it’s not serious enough for actual subtitled dialogue so you’ve made the correct call if you ask me. I was always partial to anything slightly/completely nuts since I watched Ichi the killer and Visitor Q sooo many moons ago but they are more suited to subtitles

Amazing film this, I've got the original version but I've never got around to watching it Wages Of Fear.

Yeah It bombed because it clashed with Star Wars!
"Malcolm Tucker : It's time for you to step up Ollie. What's that film that you love?

Oliver Reeder : What film?

Malcolm Tucker : The one about the fecking* hairdresser, the space hairdresser and the cowboy. The guy, he's got a tin foil pal and a pedal bin. His father's a robot and he's fecking* fecked* his sister. Lego! They're all made of fecking* Lego.

Oliver Reeder : Star Wars?

Malcolm Tucker : That's the one, right. It's like that, okay? Where you fecking* kill all the bad guys, and you'll be able to blow up the big...

Oliver Reeder : Death Star.

Malcolm Tucker : The Death Star thing. Then you can go and live happily ever after on the planet of the teddy bears.

Oliver Reeder : They're Ewoks, they're Ewoks. It's a fantastic analogy, well done."

Gold!

View attachment 211791

On Blu Ray.
You’ve jogged my memory! Have wanted to see this for a very long time, on my must watch list. Made just after his 2 best films (if you neglect the criminally overlooked ”To live and die in LA”

"Malcolm Tucker : It's time for you to step up Ollie. What's that film that you love?

Oliver Reeder : What film?

Malcolm Tucker : The one about the fecking* hairdresser, the space hairdresser and the cowboy. The guy, he's got a tin foil pal and a pedal bin. His father's a robot and he's fecking* fecked* his sister. Lego! They're all made of fecking* Lego.

Oliver Reeder : Star Wars?

Malcolm Tucker : That's the one, right. It's like that, okay? Where you fecking* kill all the bad guys, and you'll be able to blow up the big...

Oliver Reeder : Death Star.

Malcolm Tucker : The Death Star thing. Then you can go and live happily ever after on the planet of the teddy bears.

Oliver Reeder : They're Ewoks, they're Ewoks. It's a fantastic analogy, well done."

Gold!
I saw 2001 and Alien as a young boy before I saw Star Wars, as a result Star Wars is just a boring, melodrama and I have no idea why it’s so revered to this day especially as it’s acting is, at best, child nativity standard with a magic trick for the adolescents (ooooh quick, they’re waking up… put Leah in pigtails with some leather for the pre pubescents!). I found the first 2 films to be monotonous tripe until the merchandise selling 3rd came out with the ‘little bears’.
George Lucas’ only film worth watching was Howard the Duck to me. The above conversation is a beautiful synopsis of what is essentially the most overrated film franchise in history.

Before you fanboys come at me, make sure you lock your childhood door to the bedroom that you still live in before you change in to your generation 1 t-shirt that is 3 sizes too small but has increased in price and have a look in the mirror… this film franchise has held you back in life, treat it with the same disdain the actors rightfully treated the script.

Last edited:
I saw 2001 and Alien as a young boy before I saw Star Wars, as a result Star Wars is just a boring, melodrama and I have no idea why it’s so revered to this day especially as it’s acting is, at best, child nativity standard with a magic trick for the adolescents (ooooh quick, they’re waking up… put Leah in pigtails with some leather for the pre pubescents!). I found the first 2 films to be monotonous tripe until the merchandise selling 3rd came out with the ‘little bears’.
George Lucas’ only film worth watching was Howard the Duck to me. The above conversation is a beautiful synopsis of what is essentially the most overrated film franchise in history.

Before you fanboys come at me, make sure you lock your childhood door to the bedroom that you still live in before you change in to your generation 1 t-shirt that is 3 sizes too small but has increased in price and have a look in the mirror… this film franchise has held you back in life, treat it with the same disdain the actors rightfully treated the script.
So, what you are saying is unless we all agree with you, and don't share your tastes, we are all tools?

Do one. I love Star Wars. Oh and bye the way, I love Alien and 2001 as well. Its allowed.

So, what you are saying is unless we all agree with you, and don't share your tastes, we are all tools?

Do one. I love Star Wars. Oh and bye the way, I love Alien and 2001 as well. Its allowed.

Still so angry about Phantom menace you posted it twice? Look what it’s done to you 🥲

Seen the Terrifer and the sequel Terrifer 2

They have a cult following and are somewhat infamous for being extremely gory and brutal, and they are the 3nd especially.

The main villain Art the clown has the potential to be a modern day Jason, Freddy, Mike Myers etc.
He's so creepy and is the best thing about each movie.

The first movie is the better of the two, being shorter with better pacing and more grounded.

However the second movie has more shocking kill scenes and more black comedy parts which are genuinely really funny.

If your a slasher film fan, they are definitely worth a watch.

Terrifer 8/10
Terrifer 2 7/10

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back