Last Film You Watched

Class of 1999.

Cheeseball silly sci-fi: dialogue so bad it's kinda good. Entertaining, especially the antagonists. By the time the 'corporal punishment' scene happens you realise what kind of film you're dealing with lol

Nice climax with great FX even if a bit of a Terminator ripoff.

Clearly nothing amazing, but if you're in the mood it's a fine guilty pleasure. 7/10.

Dragonslayer.

Sometimes brutal stuff, a Disney flick not for small kids! Impressive dragon FX. Tight story. Starts slow and the hero isn't very watchable, but the whole thing picks up nicely. Decent ending. 7/10.

The Bible...in the Beginning (1966).

Change of pace here. A literal interpretation of the Old Testament's opening chapters. Just watched the first half which includes creation of the Earth, Adam & Eve and Noah's Ark. Really good thus far! Even a bit trippy. Effectively moody soundtrack, sometimes even a little avant-garde. Massive production effort. 8/10 so far. Will check out the second half later.

The Boogeyman

Seen it at the cinema this week, probably the most lazy cliche horror I've seen.
It's not bad, it's well acted, well shot generally well made.
However when a movie is doing what's been done many times before it needs to do something a little different and not play it so safe.

5/10, Watchable, but frustrating and boring if you watch a lot of horror films.

Jarhead was one of these films I've only seen bits and pieces of over the years. I finally sat down and watched it straight through. Good film. Well cast, well written, and some great performances. The scene, toward the end, were Peter Sarsgaard breaks down and loses it when they are about to snipe the Iraqi officer was very good.
They made a second and third sequel... Stay away from those, as they were just cash cows that ruined the franchise, IMHO... 🤦‍♂️

Two very different films in the past 2 days:

Fast X - These films have been a guilty pleasure of mine but this one is absolutely awful. At least some of them have fun set pieces and some funny dialogue but this doesn’t even have that. The only good bits were the two fight scenes with Charlize Theron, especially the one with Michelle Rodriguez. To put it in terms that match the film, an absolute car crash of a film. I think Jason Momoa must have just been tripping balls through the entire shoot.

The Little Mermaid - Took my goddaughter to see it. The original came out when I was about her age and it’s one of my favourite childhood films so was nice to take her. I think they did a really good job on this. Haven’t seen any of the other “live action” Disney remakes so don’t know how this stacks up but I was pleasantly surprised. Halle Bailey is great and she has an incredible voice. Definitely worth taking the kids to if they like Disney films.

Jason Momoa was the only thing worth watching lol lol lol

Heard good things about the new Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse so just watched the first one. Have to
Say it’s really really well done. Super hero films aren’t for everyone especially animated ones but I have to say this is excellent

New one is even better mate.

Theres a new spiderman out? Or is it a cartoon ?

Bladerunner collection, lets see the price...

HAHAHAHAHAHA

£200-£300k

Chalk that up as a win!
Whats that?

Whats that?
Antiques roadshow last Sunday, was in the program notes that a load of blade runner film making ephemera was to be inspected and valued, some guys son turned up with a quite ludicrous amount of original film produce, ...and then it occurred it must be available in internet land...

Final 7 minutes or so.

Watched The Volcano: Rescue from Whakaari last night. Good documentary about the New Zealand eruption when people were on the island. The newlyweds that feature prominently in it, the guy actually graduated from the same high school as me. Crazy.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back