Last Film You Watched

Heat
Not the amazing film that I had been expecting.Great start but too long. Al Pacino is massively over rated, if you saw someone behaving like him you’d have him sectioned. De Niro was good but genuinely can’t see what the fuss was about with this film.
Unpopular opinion but Al Pacino ruins a lot of films with bizarre over acting. Almost parody stuff. I can’t get over it now.

I wouldn't quite go that far. Aliens is probably my second favourite film, and I get why some might prefer it. But for me, Alien is on a level of its own, a near perfect film.

I`m pleading the fifth on this one lol

Still to this day, the best horror scifi filmsof all time, which when you think Alien was done in 1979 and Aliens was 1986, is incredible.

Well, what a treat, guess what's repeated on itv4 again tonight at 10pm...

bishop-aliens.gif

There's a show on now called "Abandoned Engineering" - it's got a name drop in the film thread as Folsom prison is featured.

Yesterday channel 27

Correction, 'Joliet'

Last edited:
To follow up, does anyone else see a parallel between Ash from Alien and Deckard from Bladerunner?
Nah, I think Deckard is human...

Unpopular opinion but Al Pacino ruins a lot of films with bizarre over acting. Almost parody stuff. I can’t get over it now.
Blasphemy mate! 😳 😳

Al's the man! You're out of order!

Bang out of order for saying that! 😜

flatten;crop;webp=auto;jpeg_quality=60.jpg

You think there's a reason they chose Deckard to interview Rachel? She was completely inconsequential to Roy Batty's gang until she was voight kampff tested.
It's been awhile since I've seen the movie... I don't remember seeing the unicorn origami.

I had a look, and it's only in the final cut? I might need to give the film a watch again.... 🤔

It's been awhile since I've seen the movie... I don't remember seeing the unicorn origami.

I had a look, and it's only in the final cut? I might need to give the film a watch again.... 🤔
There's ten odd cuts out there, he has the dream, Olmos is in on the con, Deckard is one of hundreds, Batty has escaped before, part of the mystique.

Thing about Alien is, "crew expendable" - the Nostromo wasn't the first ship sent there. That's why Ash was sent along to protect the monster, they'd run into trouble before. Suddenly we have a view of the worker as fodder for a grander plan and a not very subtle commentary on corporate America...

flatten;crop;webp=auto;jpeg_quality=60.jpg

You think there's a reason they chose Deckard to interview Rachel? She was completely inconsequential to Roy Batty's gang until she was voight kampff tested.

It’s deliberately ambiguous and is put there as a head wrecker.

Take it one step further.

How did him and Rachel conceive a daughter, if they were both replicants ?

Which is the whole premise of Blade Runner 2049.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back