Last Film You Watched

Absolute oddball:

In October of the same year, Caviezel spoke in Las Vegas at the "For God & Country: Patriot Double Down" conference, where he mentioned the need to fight child sex trafficking, Satan and liberal values. He claimed that "the storm is upon us", echoing the belief in a final battle against evil and repeated the battle cry of William Wallace in Braveheart, also urging the audience to "[send] Lucifer and his henchmen straight back to hell where they belong".[61]

The whole organization that the film is based upon is pretty dodgy. But anyways, I watched "Collateral" and it held up. I'm a big fan of Mark Ruffalo. And Tom Cruise isn't playing the over-the-top version of "TOM CRUISE" but a more subdued version. Jamie Fox is great as well. Probably the flim's best attribute is the "LA at night" vibe, which has some really great scenes.

The whole organization that the film is based upon is pretty dodgy. But anyways, I watched "Collateral" and it held up. I'm a big fan of Mark Ruffalo. And Tom Cruise isn't playing the over-the-top version of "TOM CRUISE" but a more subdued version. Jamie Fox is great as well. Probably the flim's best attribute is the "LA at night" vibe, which has some really great scenes.

Love that film. Don’t usually like Cruise but he was good.

Watched Guardians of the Galaxy 3 last night.

Havent watched the first 2, so some of it didnt make sense, but it was a decent watch, with some humour, utterly terrible plotline and some acting that made me want to kill myself, but not bad.
You just described the first 2.
I did enjoy the 1st one. 2nd is the weakest of the 3 for me.
Defo give the 1st one a watch though.

Fair point. Also found this report from someone who went on one of the raids:

Looks like a case of self-mythologising (this Ballard fella). The worrying thing is there appears to be little aftercare for those kids who are 'liberated'...from the sounds of it a few get trafficked again.

I haven't seen Sound of Freedom, not sure I want to as it's a heavy subject. But no doubt the world has a serious problem with child-trafficking. Anything that makes the general public more aware is hopefully a net plus.

Watched Guardians of the Galaxy 3 last night.

Havent watched the first 2, so some of it didnt make sense, but it was a decent watch, with some humour, utterly terrible plotline and some acting that made me want to kill myself, but not bad.
Watched 3 the other night .
Was OK but you gorra watch the 1st (the best) & the 2nd.
Great cast & soundtrack to the 1st , recommend it mate.

Watched Oppenheimer on IMAX this afternoon. Really good stuff. Very serious, well treated biopic. Cillian Murphy excellent, and does a lot of the dramatic work without being overly dramatic about it.

Nice to see Macon Blair in there, who’s a great underrated actor (and writer, and director).

My only criticism would be I would have liked to see some scenes play out a bit slower, as the editing is pretty quick from one scene to the next.

But a solid, incredibly well made movie, watched in a packed, sold out cinema which is great.

Oh, and Jim Caveizel. Oddball. And by the way, if I was a religious man, and was playing the son of god in a movie, and was struck by lightning twice, I’d take that as a sign that the almighty wasn’t best pleased with me.

Opening night

Opening_night_5.9cc102b8.fill-1000x500-c100.jpg

So this is where Mulholland Dr. got some it's themes from. Banger

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back