Last Film You Watched

Watched it last night too.

It`s marginally better than the first, but still has a script like a 12yr old has written it.

I think the correct description of both films, would be self indulgent rubbish.

As @ste d' indica said, even Sofia Boutella can`t save these films.

Sadly, it looks like there`ll be a third.
It really is dreadful, the more I've had time to think about it, the worse it is.

Snyder is an infantile filmmaker, there's absolutely no creative or artistic merit to it. It's a laborious slog of 'that'll look cool, that'll look cool' set pieces strung together with a ludicrous plot and dialogue that destroys your synapses as you watch it. I'd have been embarrassed to release it if I was a Netflix exec.

Sound and fury signifying nothing.

'kin coal fired spaceships..."koff you stupid fillum.

This week I gave one of my favourite movies, Psycho, a rewatch and was told because I liked it I would like American Psycho... I didn't. Also watched 12 Angry Men (1957) for the first time, and thought it was brilliant. The next one I have lined up is something called Lucky Number Slevin (2006).

Who told you these films were even remotely similar?!

It was a takeaway delivery bloke I chat with now and then. He also made a few other "recommendations" but they seem to be just horror movies, so will give them a miss.

The problem with American Pyscho, is that the whole premise of the book, is the narrative of the madness of what`s going on in his head, which was always going to be almost impossible to translate onto film.

They also had to tone the film down slightly too, as if they`d have stayed faithful to the book, it`d never have got through the censors !

Christian Bale is off the scale good as Bateman though.

The problem with American Pyscho, is that the whole premise of the book, is the narrative of the madness of what`s going on in his head, which was always going to be almost impossible to translate onto film.

They also had to tone the film down slightly too, as if they`d have stayed faithful to the book, it`d never have got through the censors !

Christian Bale is off the scale good as Bateman though.

I love American Psycho, I watch it all the time. The script, direction and Bale himself are perfect. Conversely, I hated the book.

I love American Psycho, I watch it all the time. The script, direction and Bale himself are perfect. Conversely, I hated the book.
Yep, the book I thought was ok if a little graphic, but thought the movie one of those rear occurrences when it was better than the source material. Bale is superb in it but that role was originally offered to Dicaprio, who I think probably would have been decent as well.

Let's have em, see if he knows any horror...
I only really remember a couple or so, to be honest. Smile was definitely one, House something or other, Talk to Me, I think was another. Looking at them written down they don't seem correct. Anyway, I'm not big on horror (I get enough of that with Everton) so I doubt I'll be watching any of them.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back