Last Film You Watched

Vangelis is a great muscian/composer. A very influential epic album for me was when he was with Aphrodite's Child and released the double album 666. Discovering that as an early high-schooler (obviously coupled with a marijuana and an older brother's very loud sound system) was paradigm shifting for me, and at the time almost seemed scary in its biblical references.
Sadly it's 'was' not 'is'.

R (17).jpeg

Bad Country. AKA Whisky Bay

Should tick some boxes for me, cops vs mob drama set in Louisiana, Matt Dillon is generally good value, plus the enticing prospect of Willem Defoe and Tom Berenger reunited as foes.

Unfortunately it's 'kin crap, set in the 80s but zero effort put into crafting an authentic look and feel, terrible accents, ropey direction and editing and all you really get from the final face-off is the realisation that while Elias has succeeded in avoiding the pies, Barnes has not.

On Netflix. Avoid.

Monkey man. An enjoyable revenge beat em up. Lots of nods to films that went before it, some subtle and some as blatant as can be. I particularly liked the religious/spiritual story element which gave the film another layer which these types of films generally need. I thought Dev Patel was very good although the casting was a bit off for some of the “bad guys”.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back