Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
At present there has been no official comment from Everton regarding a takeover.
We think we know some of the consortium that may buy us but not other members or indeed we don't know if there are other members.
We have absolutely no idea what the deal will entail or what kind of figures are involved
There may or may not be other interested parties.

But,we begin to panic anyway.
There is nobody to beat an Evertonian for a good kneejerk reaction.

Over the years I, like many, have bemoaned the lack of financial clout within our beloved club. And it has inevitably played a massive part in a barren spell that has seen us win 1 trophy since I knew what a football looked like.

I'm feeling very cautious about this new potential investment, I feel like I know too little about the interested investors and their motives and ambitions.

I don't want to see Everton used as a conduit to line the pockets of big licks. And I don't want us to end up being one of those clubs that spends a fortune on poor quality players.

I don't want to sound like I'm being naive when I say this as football is business, I know people will only buy into something that they deem financially viable.

But at the same time, Everton is a club built on tradition, steeped in history, a club that pioneered many aspects of the game.

We are a club that has always had to fight and battle for what we have, nothing comes easy, but money is all too much now, passion alone will not fill the trophy cabinet.

We need investment, and it needs to be right. But will we find investors who truly understand our club? Will those same investors build something that is financially sustainable, something that is not built on debt?

Will we find an investor who will stick with the club for the long term, or someone who is just in it to make a few quid and bugger off?

At some point the people currently in charge will move on and for all their mishaps and seeming lack of ambition over the years, I'm concerned.

Maybe it's just because it's something I'm not used to, or maybe it's because I don't want some consortium with poor footballing knowledge turning us into a disaster.

I wouldn't say I'm extremely worried, but I am a little apprehensive.

Not knowing what lies ahead is not a good thing, but one thing is for certain, how much longer can we remain optimistic without winning a trophy?

I actually do not understand the feeling of true glory. I need to feel it, but it needs to be right and it needs to be done without impacting the long term security of our club.

My point and the reason for the direct comparisons with United are threefold.

Firstly the fans have paid a huge financial price for the way the Glazer takeover was structured. I have the data but cannot access it currently demonstrating the rise in ticket prices etc relative to other clubs during the Glazer reign. As a result the fan demographic has changed even more so than the rest of the Premier League.

Secondly, given the gross resources available to United it can be argued that they have under-achieved on a relative basis because so much of the resources available to the club have gone to bankers, lenders and other advisors.

Thirdly United as you mention were in a very strong position financially at the time of rhe takeover and had to be to support the amount of borrowing undertaken. We are nowhere near as strong, and for the forseeable future are almost entirely reliant upon the growth in broadcasting revenues for revenue growth. Any change in our Premier League status would make the club hugely vulnerable. The risk levels associated with a heavily indebted Everton (in a leveraged buy out) are considerably higher than they ever were at United.

One of the additional points is there were alternative supporters waiting for the chance to support Utd, if you know what I mean? They were in a position to alter their demographic.

We, on the other hand, argued we could do that with DK, which was and still is patent bollix. Each and every opportunity we have had to enhance our support has been blown out the water by ineptitude and incompetence. I believe that boat won't come around again until we win the league and or CL.

Im 52 and don't think I'll see that happening in my lifetime, if it did it would probably be the death of me anyway :)

My opinion on this current situation, not worth the thin air it's written on, is any interested parties around now, have enquired in the past about the club.

The tanned one's spat with fat Joe recently exposed the beginning of the end of WHP development, an opportunity that wouldn't come around again, in business terms this is a one off chance and LCC cannot legally do anymore to help. From that I reckon the club re-contacted past enquirers in the hope of getting LCC back on side in regards to WHP.

Because of the desperation of the situation the attracted 'psrties' are not from the appropriate shelf but from the less desirable shelf a few layers down. They will be calling the shots. Bill's desire or need to cut and run, alongside Earl's actualisation of his investment are the only driving forces on the club's side. If anyone is still of the opinion that the interests of the club are at the heart of this then they should wake up and eat raw coffee.

I reckon there are 2 scenarios, 1 we sell in current circumstances and get reamed, 2 Bill's situation catches up with him, the negotiations and decisions are left with someone else and we get royally reamed.

It's always fun being a blue ;)

I reckon there are 2 scenarios, 1 we sell in current circumstances and get reamed, 2 Bill's situation catches up with him, the negotiations and decisions are left with someone else and we get royally reamed.

*bites tongue*

I have a more positive spin...that anyone else reaming us is better than the slow ream of death we are currently living under the incumbent reamers....

Edit. Good times are coming for the Everton FC

See Charlton were out in force today protesting about there new owners, got themselves a takeover, something we all want, and now they are proper stuffed. Another name to add to the list of teams who forgot to be careful what they wished for.
We'll be ok, Bill has the club's best interests at heart.

*bites tongue*

I have a more positive spin...that anyone else reaming us is better than the slow ream of death we are currently living under the incumbent reamers....

Edit. Good times are coming for the Everton FC

Oh I agree, this current ongoing death by a thousand reams is worse, the very soul of the club has been festering ever since the DK proposal, I've always stated that Bill's actual legacy will be the dividing of the Everton supporters, imho on a par with the creation of the sh1te. A great achievement for the world's greatest living evertonian...

My opinion on this current situation, not worth the thin air it's written on, is any interested parties around now, have enquired in the past about the club.

The tanned one's spat with fat Joe recently exposed the beginning of the end of WHP development, an opportunity that wouldn't come around again, in business terms this is a one off chance and LCC cannot legally do anymore to help. From that I reckon the club re-contacted past enquirers in the hope of getting LCC back on side in regards to WHP.

Because of the desperation of the situation the attracted 'psrties' are not from the appropriate shelf but from the less desirable shelf a few layers down. They will be calling the shots. Bill's desire or need to cut and run, alongside Earl's actualisation of his investment are the only driving forces on the club's side. If anyone is still of the opinion that the interests of the club are at the heart of this then they should wake up and eat raw coffee.

I think your opinion is probably more or less correct. Bill, for reasons we can only speculate for now, seems to be at the desperate stage and appears to be lowering the goalposts with regards to 'must haves' for potential new owners of Everton FC.
I'd be inclined to believe that we have probably missed a fair few opportunities in the past 10 years to get better deals but may now be forced to take what's left on the table where the scavengers are now feeding.

Scary future if you ask me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back