Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baffled how it takes 4 weeks to look over somebodys books, yes im aware we are a massive "business" with lots of Ins and Outs, but surely a trained accountant could add up the 2 + 2 and get 6 within 24hours.
Looking at the accounts for overstatements of profit or assets is the easy bit tbh.
Projections of the future revenues in a situation where the majority of income is fixed isn't that difficult, the main differences being a model with or without a new stadium, and if with, when.
If the club is to clear AIB debt, pretty sure this will require negotiation unless there is a release clause specifying penalty clauses.

Difficult bit is getting the parties to agree a price.

Personally, I think it will be the back end of the period of exclusivity ie about a week or two before anything is leaked - but I hope not as the fume is starting to impact on the GOT community's collective emotional stability.

Last edited:

All the yank fans should throw in $5 and buy powerball tickets then buy Everton when they win the billion four
knowing our luck a kopite would win...Everton that. Also I believe the lump cash value is a little above $800m US so about 550m pounds (may be slightly off). Based on what the Esk is saying this new lottery consortium may not be the best option for the club as after buying off the shareholders and putting some money towards a stadium there'd be little capital left in the ownership group to invest in the club further. Although they could build the stadium than sell

knowing our luck a kopite would win...Everton that. Also I believe the lump cash value is a little above $800m US so about 550m pounds (may be slightly off). Based on what the Esk is saying this new lottery consortium may not be the best option for the club as after buying off the shareholders and putting some money towards a stadium there'd be little capital left in the ownership group to invest in the club further. Although they could build the stadium than sell

Currently projections are $1.5b annuity or $925m lump sum (~$550m post tax)

I was actually joking with a friend about how I might buy a powerball ticket just so I can crazily dream about investing in Everton. Glad to see I'm not only the American Evertonian entertaining the absurd concept.

Crossed my mind as well. I'd just pay for a new stadium and demand naming rights. The name would be something classy, like America Mega Soccer Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back