Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Care to elaborate on what you mean mate?
No, it'd take too long, but I'll make two points.

Whilst having billionaire owners gives those clubs a great advantage, I think the gap is closing with the TV deals, and that we can compete
with them. And even though there's been no silverware we've had some wonderful days and haven't gone the way of clubs like Leeds and Forest amongst others, and we haven't been a yo-yo club. I've enjoyed the journey with EFC over the past decade.

The one thing I haven't addressed is the need for a new, or modernised stadium, and don't think we can do that without massive investment.

No, it'd take too long, but I'll make two points.

Whilst having billionaire owners gives those clubs a great advantage, I think the gap is closing with the TV deals, and that we can compete
with them. And even though there's been no silverware we've had some wonderful days and haven't gone the way of clubs like Leeds and Forest amongst others, and we haven't been a yo-yo club. I've enjoyed the journey with EFC over the past decade.

The one thing I haven't addressed is the need for a new, or modernised stadium, and don't think we can do that without massive investment.
Both fair points mate.

but to be fair, the board have kinda run the club into the ground, and got a get out of jail free card with the tv money.

It would be fine if they in turn sold to someone with the clubs best interests in mind, surely the highest bidder instead. Long term it could ruin the club I reckon.

Despite flowery speeches does anyone think those in charge at the minute wouldn't do that ? By their own account they were deep in discussions with a 'bloke in a bedsit '. Reports suggest That that shower across the park got flogged pretty quickly by a 'loyal supporter' once a the dodgier deal whacked a few extra pennies on it .

Seems like they want to come in, sort us a Stadium and a few other things then make a profit. Sounds like an in and out in 5yrs and you know what, i probably wont mind that at all.

That would suit me, too. Didn't Fergus McCann do something similar at Celtic? Stadiumwise, a nice new but retro stadium like a lot of the new baseball parks in the States. Something like Camden Yard next to the docks around Sandhills, please. In fact, I like the look of the one they were involved with in the Gaslamp district of San Diego. Hopefully they will be mindful of this if they do take over and relocate.

Despite flowery speeches does anyone think those in charge at the minute wouldn't do that ? By their own account they were deep in discussions with a 'bloke in a bedsit '. Reports suggest That that shower across the park got flogged pretty quickly by a 'loyal supporter' once a the dodgier deal whacked a few extra pennies on it .
Bill has said on multible occasions that he will only sell to someone who has Evertons best interests at heart in those 'flowery speeches' and I feel if he was lying the club would be sold by now.

They were sat with Yarmalenko's agent, Elvis and the Yeti. How could nobody see them!

Yep even a cat cant get in & out of Goodison without being photo'd ;)

It may be wrong.

If they are visiting the games then that's a good sign, if they aren't arsed then perhaps the opposite. But if they are just looking over the books then i wouldn't wager them to be any more important than anyone else, more customary for them to be invited to the game whilst the thing is going on. Only 35 quid lost for their seat lol

That would suit me, too. Didn't Fergus McCann do something similar at Celtic? Stadiumwise, a nice new but retro stadium like a lot of the new baseball parks in the States. Something like Camden Yard next to the docks around Sandhills, please. In fact, I like the look of the one they were involved with in the Gaslamp district of San Diego. Hopefully they will be mindful of this if they do take over and relocate.
Both of them ballparks were done under the supervision of Larry Lucchino. Unfortunately he fell out with Moores and was taken on board by FSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back