Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they're serious why haven't they been at our games? The fact they haven't been seen anywhere near Goodison Park makes me think they're not as serious as first thought or if they're genuinely serious and just not going to a game I don't want them to be Chairmen of our great club.

They have been at Goodison I think? I think @Toast and @Bryan have mentioned it.

If they're serious why haven't they been at our games? The fact they haven't been seen anywhere near Goodison Park makes me think they're not as serious as first thought or if they're genuinely serious and just not going to a game I don't want them to be Chairmen of our great club.

Maybe they're talking with Earl? Not like you can find him at Goodison.

Winning the power ball won't allow you to buy Everton as the money's paid over your life time and not as a lump sum.

Not sure they will buy us build a stadium and sell us, not huge profit in it. 300 mil to buy, 300 mil stadium. They would want at least 200 mil profit, so unless they sell players, but that devalues the club. They won't get 600-800 mil for us.

Winner's option to take either annuity or lump sum.

Not that I won.

possibly the other board members, and the new owners will definitely be ,but I remember when Kenwright was buying the club and everyone said he was crazy. If his sole interest was money don't you think he could have invested it elsewhere and took less chances?

Yeah, yeah.

Tell me where else he would have made TEN TIMES his 'investment' in 17 years?

Yeah, yeah.

We are adding being psychic to Kenwrights abilities? He bought the club in 1999. In the 98/99 season clubs that finished above us included Leeds (4th), Derby (8th) Middlesborough (9th), Sheffield Wed (12th). We were 14th. Below us were Coventry (15th) Wimbledon (16th) Charlton (18th) Blackburn (19th) Notts Forest (20th).

I'm sure it looked like a sure fire money spinner....

Yeah, yeah.

AAPL? Ignoring dividend reinvestments, looks like 100 shares at $27 would have cost $2,700 (plus trading fees) in 1999, but now sell for $97, which is roughly $67,900 after the 7-1 split and trading fees (ignoring dividends). That's about 25x on your investment during the same period. *I think that's a 21% annual return, but my math is a bit sketchy.

Screen_Shot_2016_01_14_at_11_28_30_AM.png

Last edited:
AAPL? Ignoring dividend reinvestments, looks like 100 shares at $27 would have cost $2,700 (plus trading fees) in 1999, but now sell for $97, which is roughly $67,900 after the 7-1 split and trading fees (ignoring dividends). That's about 25x on your investment during the same period. *I think that's a 21% annual return, but my math is a bit sketchy.

Screen_Shot_2016_01_14_at_11_28_30_AM.png

*TO BE FAIR, buying AAPL in 1999 and holding it 17 years would not actually require any active work, so it's not a fair comparison to someone buying a football club, making loan guaranties or creating other financing structures (ethical or not), traveling to and attending games, making decisions, holding (sometimes) AGMs and other meetings with staff and other board members. But following the stock market can indeed be stressful, so one might argue that the stress of holding AAPL for 17 years is comparable to the stress of owning EFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back