Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: American Deal.

Why does it feel like Everton Football Club is being treated as long term debt rolled over to a new credit transfer balance card.

It all feels like a sideways step for the club with the only positive being the curse will be lifted from the team wining anything just as soon as the new owners take possession of the EPL pay-checks.

There are so many questions that are left to be answered, that I haven't actually got a clue really.

Whilst I'd like to think I know what I want, the reality is, me and many other blues are building their opinion based on what others are telling them, which in many cases is often slightly further from the truth than we'd like, for example the "he took over the Padres, and then gave them the worst payroll in baseball..."
That is true, but what is failed to be picked up on, is that it was for one season, and the rest they were in the top third and consistently achieving playoffs.

There is no doubt in my mind that they are in it, for the money, but they are businessmen for a reason and they make their money by being ruthless where it matters. They know Everton will be sold for a greater amount with a stadium, and all the assets belonging to them, if they can buy back the catering, and finch farm etc..: then we are fully on our way to being stable, and they'll win the fans over easily. Should we now be able to push through a deal for Walton hall park, then they'll have achieved their goals instantly and if get sold to super obsessed Chinese billionaires shortly after and can compete for leagues, I'm all for it.

But then, I could be completely wrong and they could, like most us owners ruin the club, however if kopites start complaining, about FSG to me one more time, despite investing bucket loads, and our owners can at least offer a fraction of that money, im happy.

However, I do fear, in Kenwrights sickness, he is just trying to shift the club before he dies, if that is the case, I'd be very, very concerned.

People rarely look at the facts when forming their opinions. Like the complaints about that lot raising their tickets to £77--while I don't back raising tickets like that, even if only single match tickets, the fact is that ST prices don't exceed £54. Which of that lot walked out at 54 minutes to protest ST prices?

The fact is, very little is known about Moores/Noell so people are left to their own imagination to form an opinion, and if you read it once in the Echo that the Padres had the lowest payroll in MLB, your best mate confirmed from his hairdresser's sister that Moores/Noell are planning to asset strip then roll Jimmy Martin in the Mersey.

So they're close to signing an agreement in principle. Is that right?

Maybe @The Esk can explain what this means.

Is it like a loan, you get the agreement sorted before actually signing the final deal?

If so that would add a fair bit of time onto it. Or not.

So @The Esk based on your buying process and where you currently think the process currently is - how long would it normally take to close these things - the reported 2 weeks realistic?

Would the new owners need to go before the shareholders before completion? I seen on one of your posts that there could be an EGM forced to try and get some visibility on plans for the club from the Moores and Noell.

There's two different scenarios at play here, one slightly more complex than the other.

If Moores and Noell are just acquiring Bill's, Jon's and Earl's shares then the process is fairly simple. At this stage they will have agreed a price for the shares, will be satisfied with the results of their due diligence.

Their lawyers will just be finalising the transfer of the shares into whatever entity M&N wish to use, they'll have undertakings about any currently unknown liabilities. The Board will be preparing the resignation of existing directors and the election of new officers.

Monies will be in place and probably within 10 days the share transfer will be concluded, takeover done.

If M&N are acquiring all shares then in addition to the above they will have contacted sufficient large shareholders seeking their agreement to the terms offered, looking to acquire 90%. I'm assuming the fact that it's in the public domain now, that if they are acquiring all shares then they must have this level of acceptance. At this point it's then back to the lawyers to arrange transfer and settlement plus the necessary board changes followed by sweeping up the smaller shareholders.

So as I said then, you are making stuff up! lol
I think it's a reasonable assumption (without actually running Everton myself) that any sale of the threshold would be to free up liquidity. If however the sale was to e.g. get a lease of a better facility again I can't see what is so bad about that if we're operating on a budget

There's two different scenarios at play here, one slightly more complex than the other.

If Moores and Noell are just acquiring Bill's, Jon's and Earl's shares then the process is fairly simple. At this stage they will have agreed a price for the shares, will be satisfied with the results of their due diligence.

Their lawyers will just be finalising the transfer of the shares into whatever entity M&N wish to use, they'll have undertakings about any currently unknown liabilities. The Board will be preparing the resignation of existing directors and the election of new officers.

Monies will be in place and probably within 10 days the share transfer will be concluded, takeover done.

If M&N are acquiring all shares then in addition to the above they will have contacted sufficient large shareholders seeking their agreement to the terms offered, looking to acquire 90%. I'm assuming the fact that it's in the public domain now, that if they are acquiring all shares then they must have this level of acceptance. At this point it's then back to the lawyers to arrange transfer and settlement plus the necessary board changes followed by sweeping up the smaller shareholders.

That all weirdly made perfect sense.

And I can't tell you how excited I am about the possible M&N puns the future holds.

Will the real Slim Everton please stand up?

I agree with you "the evil that men do lives on after then, the good is oft interred with their bones"
For me, Kenwright is a true Evertonian and has brought us through dire straights and given a platform for the future sure he has made some mistakes but the balance is in his favour if he his unwell I hope he soon recovers.
He will, in the end, try to do his best for the club, of that, I feel confident.

what you said, he is a true evertonian when i was younger to avoid relegation was our aim, now with him leaving were all dreaming of top 4 he slowly has got us there, we have a great platform to build on!

Cheers mate - interesting times. obviously the shareholders contacted would have been given strict NDA's to sign - but would there be any undertaking from EFCSA to meet with the prospective new owners? or the shareholders selling their stakes should that be a question. (not sure if EFCSA act as a voice for all shareholders therefore would want to meet and see assurances)

Might be talking about my arse there though, trying to ascertain how much of a role the shareholders association have in this, for people with shares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back