Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
.....my understanding is that FF was sold to fund it's infrastructure (basically build the facilities that now exist) but I might have that wrong. I've been fortunate to have a good look around and it is an impressive set up.
It was sold and leased back because this is a common practice in business to release capital for current use. Most big property owners (HSBC, Church Of England, other banks , hotel chains etc) sell their property and lease back to fund current activities, Everton were no different. The lease gives Everton a chance to buy back at a preferable rate at various times during the length of the mortgage.

Cheers mate - interesting times. obviously the shareholders contacted would have been given strict NDA's to sign - but would there be any undertaking from EFCSA to meet with the prospective new owners? or the shareholders selling their stakes should that be a question. (not sure if EFCSA act as a voice for all shareholders therefore would want to meet and see assurances)

Might be talking about my arse there though, trying to ascertain how much of a role the shareholders association have in this, for people with shares.

There's no reason for M&N to meet anyone other than those whose shares they are seeking.

Anyway my thoughts are they will invest not man city level but enough to make us compete which I'm fine with
They aren't paupers between them they're worth around a billion and plus then you have the rest of the consortium who could be worth a few bob.

As long as we can invest every season without selling and actually signing decent players whilst being ran well as a club in every department I'm all for it

Whose fault is it they had better grounds and better infrastructure? Bill getting away with things again. Sooner he is gone the better. Sick of our fans with their pathetic small time attitude.
Begin able to see reality is not small time thinking, it is just common sense.
We all dream of winning the lottery, sadly few do.
Whether we like it or not Everton are not in the "big five" as they were when I started i the 50s.In 2000 we started from scratch now 15 years later we have the best squad since 1980s stable finances a team on the pitch worth a fortune, the best crop of youth players I can remember, an academy second to none, and in the process of being bought by previous successful sports club owners.
Finally but very important to me we have the best away fans in the country
Small time NO I do not think so

There's two different scenarios at play here, one slightly more complex than the other.

If Moores and Noell are just acquiring Bill's, Jon's and Earl's shares then the process is fairly simple. At this stage they will have agreed a price for the shares, will be satisfied with the results of their due diligence.

Their lawyers will just be finalising the transfer of the shares into whatever entity M&N wish to use, they'll have undertakings about any currently unknown liabilities. The Board will be preparing the resignation of existing directors and the election of new officers.

Monies will be in place and probably within 10 days the share transfer will be concluded, takeover done.

If M&N are acquiring all shares then in addition to the above they will have contacted sufficient large shareholders seeking their agreement to the terms offered, looking to acquire 90%. I'm assuming the fact that it's in the public domain now, that if they are acquiring all shares then they must have this level of acceptance. At this point it's then back to the lawyers to arrange transfer and settlement plus the necessary board changes followed by sweeping up the smaller shareholders.

Superbly put by @The Esk and everyone should read this and calm down while we await confirmation of what is actually going on.

There is a feeling of argument permeating through this thread at a time when - in my opinion - we should all be looking forward to looking forward under new, hopefully better financially placed, ownership.

We've collectively been crying out for investment/new ownership/a new board - it might be upon us very soon, so let's get ready to embrace it, not pillory it.

The potential new regime will deserve and be entitled to a 'honeymoon' period, a period of time where they adjust to running a sport club other than in the US and while they formulate, cost and consider all possible options open to them... so don't expect a new ground or redevelopment of Goodison to appear in time for next season or Lionel Messi to step off the next Easyjet arrival into JLA from Barcelona.

Begin able to see reality is not small time thinking, it is just common sense.
We all dream of winning the lottery, sadly few do.
Whether we like it or not Everton are not in the "big five" as they were when I started i the 50s.In 2000 we started from scratch now 15 years later we have the best squad since 1980s stable finances a team on the pitch worth a fortune, the best crop of youth players I can remember, an academy second to none, and in the process of being bought by previous successful sports club owners.
Finally but very important to me we have the best away fans in the country
Small time NO I do not think so

Well said.

It's long been my dream to see Kenwright sail into Monaco, on his super yacht. As he disembarks at the harbour, on the way to his villa, he is applauded by the travelling Evertonians and tax exiles alike, acknowledging that this is his right as a businessman to claim the spoils. Thanks to the upcoming leveraged buyout this Evertonian dream will become reality.

Last edited:
It seems to me that they are investing in Everton to sort the ground situation out, which for me is a must!!
Keep the team together....
Happy Times Lads!!

Superbly put by @The Esk and everyone should read this and calm down while we await confirmation of what is actually going on.

There is a feeling of argument permeating through this thread at a time when - in my opinion - we should all be looking forward to looking forward under new, hopefully better financially placed, ownership.

We've collectively been crying out for investment/new ownership/a new board - it might be upon us very soon, so let's get ready to embrace it, not pillory it.

The potential new regime will deserve and be entitled to a 'honeymoon' period, a period of time where they adjust to running a sport club other than in the US and while they formulate, cost and consider all possible options open to them... so don't expect a new ground or redevelopment of Goodison to appear in time for next season or Lionel Messi to step off the next Easyjet arrival into JLA from Barcelona.
Aw bloody hell.

It seems more than likely (but to be confirmed) that the £200 million "takeover" is just for the acquisition of shares from the 3 major shareholders. It has nothing to do with the debt of the club.

This being true all we have achieved is changes in the share register and a new board. The balance sheet remains as is.

*corrected. Wrong currency!
Until such time as this takeover is confirmed by the parties concerned, any speculation regarding any new capitalisation remains just that - speculation. Lets just wait and see.

Has there been an info at all on the "consortium" or just these two chaps....or is it only these two chaps and in fact no others involved?

I don't want this. If some billionaire takes us over to be a decorative bauble, based on an interest in the game, and the club becomes an extension of his or her ego, then I can see investment and it being good for the club. Americans, however, don't have a track record of this .... typically they have only shown an interest in football since it became worth a lot of money. This quotation from the NSNO site crystallised my thinking:
"Moores, in particular, has a “colourful” history as far as owning sports teams is concerned, and was accused of taking $200m straight out of the San Diego Padres after they signed a TV deal worth $1.2bn over a number of years."

I don't like their business model. I'm out - Kenwright please stay (for now).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back