Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of interesting comments on the Match Of The Day post on Facebook this afternoon, lots of none Evertonians and nearly everyone saying they hope this dosen't happen for our sake.
Still can't help but think most blues are blinded by wanting to see the back of Kenwright and not thinking about what might happen in the future if we get taken over by these guys.
As has been said, natural's will only see everton through the media, which if you listen to the media we are a well run club and BK should never be questioned by those pesky everton supporters

Lots of interesting comments on the Match Of The Day post on Facebook this afternoon, lots of none Evertonians and nearly everyone saying they hope this dosen't happen for our sake.
Still can't help but think most blues are blinded by wanting to see the back of Kenwright and not thinking about what might happen in the future if we get taken over by these guys.
Enough of stagnation. Bring in the new guys. Martinez has puplicly said Kenwright will only sell to a worthy candidate.

As has been said, natural's will only see everton through the media, which if you listen to the media we are a well run club and BK should never be questioned by those pesky everton supporters

Yep.

I'm sure the apathy shown about kenwright won't be apparent if these Americans don't produce within a season or two. I doubt the MSM will look on them as favourably as they have bolly billox, neither.

Apologizes if any of this information has been posted.

Moores owned a stake of the Padres from 1994-2012. I'm providing a link that goes back to 1998 comparing the San Diego Padres payroll rank in the MLB (Major League Baseball), I'll provide another link that you can search from year to year if anyone is that interested.

Padres spending starting in 1998- http://www.stevetheump.com/Payrolls.htm
Padres spending starting in 1994- http://www.thebaseballcube.com/extras/payrolls/?Page=Team&Y=1994&T=24

Here is the average wage bills for the BPL going back to 2013-2014
BPL wage bills- http://www.totalsportek.com/money/english-premier-league-wage-bills-club-by-club/

Various wage/spending- http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-wages-your-club-5729730

Just for fun here's a link to what everyone can expect to eat after the takeover :eek:
http://sandiego.eater.com/2014/3/31/6252701/where-to-eat-at-petco-park-home-of-the-padres

Noell, I'm not that familiar with other than the horse racing, and Padres ties.

Those links honestly mean nothing in regards to the takeover. I just found Moores spending habits interesting. I'm not a big baseball guy, but other than a good year here and there the Padres have been mediocre to bad. I'm in the wait and see crowd, only because I don't want to be doom and gloom.

Similar vein mate but this is a list of each season of the Padres from 1988 till 2011 and the top spender that year, the Padres spendign and how they ranked out the league in spending, interestingly it includes the years under Werner the current Liverpool owner who Moores bought the Padres from.

Werner they ranked 12th, then 15th, then 21st then 28th, so actually looking at that a very worrying trend from the guy who currently owns Liverpool in the way the progressively slipped until the bottom at which point he sold them. an average position of 19/20 out of 28 over the 5 years he had them

Moores took over the team that were 28/28 on spending, the next is the following positions they had in spending in the league - 1995 -22, 18, 18 under the 28 team format, league then expanded to 30 teams after that year, then 14, 17, 16, 2000 -25, 26, 27, 17, those previous 4 seasons coincided with the new stadium being built and seems to suggest a huge cost cutting of the team to fund it in part 17, 17, 24, 19, sold them at that point

new owner of the Padres spending position, 29, 29, 27, 30, 26, 21 up to i think last season.

Overall those figures when looked at in detail don't scare me as much as some people seem to be

Also remember that the Padres in baseball terms are the equivalent to say a Wolves, Bolton, Stoke type team in terms of history, wealth and relative marketability, and he managed to reach almost the pinnacle of the sport with them, and make them relevant in the game for a period of 4-5 seasons which they have never had before or since, Everton is far far away from the minnow that the Padres where

This could be great. But who knows, with our beloved blues. We never do things the easy way.

Could be that bill stays on as non exec chairman, showing these yanks have learned from others mistakes. Football is like no other business and you need people with experience, which bill has.
Where bill has fallen down is on the commercial side, which these guys seem pretty clued up about. As some have said, we are the only top team that remains with vastly untapped revenue streams.
Unfortunately one of those is the stadium. Unfortunately because if, and it's a big if, Goodison was converted who of us would tolerate a naming rights deal??? So, I'd guess a new stadium without the history and emotions would be the only way.
Plus, have to consider the ffp rules of investment. Can only invest to certain point on the team in relation to income but stadia, academy etc. Are limitless. Ok, income has grown massively as it could even further if done well. But As much as I'd love to believe the philanthropy of these new owners I can't quite see it.
So, I could see investment happening it would only be with a view to sell. Again, could be great, could be dreadful, just as we blues feel most weekends with our boys in blue. One thing is for sure, as it always is. It will be a hell of a ride with fantasy, fume and frabjousness in equal measure. I for one wouldn't and couldn't have it any other way. It's our way.

Similar vein mate but this is a list of each season of the Padres from 1988 till 2011 and the top spender that year, the Padres spendign and how they ranked out the league in spending, interestingly it includes the years under Werner the current Liverpool owner who Moores bought the Padres from.

Werner they ranked 12th, then 15th, then 21st then 28th, so actually looking at that a very worrying trend from the guy who currently owns Liverpool in the way the progressively slipped until the bottom at which point he sold them. an average position of 19/20 out of 28 over the 5 years he had them

Moores took over the team that were 28/28 on spending, the next is the following positions they had in spending in the league - 1995 -22, 18, 18 under the 28 team format, league then expanded to 30 teams after that year, then 14, 17, 16, 2000 -25, 26, 27, 17, those previous 4 seasons coincided with the new stadium being built and seems to suggest a huge cost cutting of the team to fund it in part 17, 17, 24, 19, sold them at that point

new owner of the Padres spending position, 29, 29, 27, 30, 26, 21 up to i think last season.

Overall those figures when looked at in detail don't scare me as much as some people seem to be

Also remember that the Padres in baseball terms are the equivalent to say a Wolves, Bolton, Stoke type team in terms of history, wealth and relative marketability, and he managed to reach almost the pinnacle of the sport with them, and make them relevant in the game for a period of 4-5 seasons which they have never had before or since, Everton is far far away from the minnow that the Padres where

By 'worrying' do you mean 'potentially hilarious as we watch the Kopites get relegated'?

Or will you complain regardless of outcome?
That would be silly Kev. I'll only complain when he sells to those offering the highest mark up, and he's not arsed if they have the funds to take the club on or if they load the club with debt.
Even then he's a businessman, so should really be applauded when he takes a flying dump all over the fans and our club.

This could be great. But who knows, with our beloved blues. We never do things the easy way.

Could be that bill stays on as non exec chairman, showing these yanks have learned from others mistakes. Football is like no other business and you need people with experience, which bill has.
Where bill has fallen down is on the commercial side, which these guys seem pretty clued up about. As some have said, we are the only top team that remains with vastly untapped revenue streams.
Unfortunately one of those is the stadium. Unfortunately because if, and it's a big if, Goodison was converted who of us would tolerate a naming rights deal??? So, I'd guess a new stadium without the history and emotions would be the only way.
Plus, have to consider the ffp rules of investment. Can only invest to certain point on the team in relation to income but stadia, academy etc. Are limitless. Ok, income has grown massively as it could even further if done well. But As much as I'd love to believe the philanthropy of these new owners I can't quite see it.
So, I could see investment happening it would only be with a view to sell. Again, could be great, could be dreadful, just as we blues feel most weekends with our boys in blue. One thing is for sure, as it always is. It will be a hell of a ride with fantasy, fume and frabjousness in equal measure. I for one wouldn't and couldn't have it any other way. It's our way.

Mate i honestly don't care about naming rights to the stadium, we will still call it what we always have done, everyone will besides some blerts on Sky sports or the red tops, If it gets is in money that is reinvested into the playing squad then i honestly couldn't care less

Worst case scenario i can realistically and not knee jerk panicking see out of this will be a redeveloped Goodison, owners who pump a bit of money into us to try to qualify for the CL - fail and then look to sell on for a profit.

Always said that this first sale is not one that worries me, its one i welcome as we will benefit a lot form it, the worry for me will be what happens after the new owners sell as they may just take the quickest best offer ont he table regardless of who it is

If you had sat anybody down15years ago and told them they could be chairman of any of the club's mentioned, Everton would be by far the last choice. You'd easily rather be in charge of any of those other clubs, better infrastructure, bigger grounds .for us tohave finished above all of them on a regular basis is a real achievement. It is certainly not failure, because we didn't win a league title

Quite.

You still haven't answered anyone's questions about how Newcastle United, a club you specifically mentioned as being so in one of your posts, is "many times" bigger than Everton.

Are you on a wind up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back