Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we're essentially still in wait and see mode with negotiations progressing. If the news of them being behind the surveyors at Goodison with a view towards expansion and remodelling is true then I will stop fretting about what could happen. While we may have stagnated under Bill we have done well not to experience the regression that some other clubs have gone through takeover an all. The big question is whether they are aiming for a private sale of shares for the controlling interest or whether they are looking to purchase all of the club. Once that gets answered then we will have more hints to guess at future plans. I know they owe us literally nothing but I would love to hear from them or someone connected to them about what they actually want to do with the club.

i agree, if they are actually willing to invest in the stadium, it would be a good sign. i would hope they do feel they owe us some sort of explanation about intentions, at some point, though obviously not while talks are ongoing. it would suggest they understand the difference between the tradition of "supporters" in the rest of the world as opposed to "end content users" a la U-S-A!!!

I would never for one second argue that our away support is second to none, travelling in huge numbers no matter where or what time we play. That does not however mean a large number of them may consider 7th and beating the RS a good season. I agree with everything you say mate but do you not also agree we are only financially stable due to luck rather astute management by the board. The fact we had Moyes and to a lesser extent Bobby being able to keep things on the pitch relatively stable has been a massive blessing to this board. I accepted long ago we are not in the big five, that doesn't mean I should accept the mediocrity and small time mentality placed upon us by this board.[/QUOTo
Napoleon said
“I know he's a good general, but is he lucky?”
We both want the same we just differ in the way we got to this point. It may be good management by Bill to appoint these managers when he did and moreover to stick with them and the plan when others called for an ever turning knee jerk management door.

I would never for one second argue that our away support is second to none, travelling in huge numbers no matter where or what time we play. That does not however mean a large number of them may consider 7th and beating the RS a good season. I agree with everything you say mate but do you not also agree we are only financially stable due to luck rather astute management by the board. The fact we had Moyes and to a lesser extent Bobby being able to keep things on the pitch relatively stable has been a massive blessing to this board. I accepted long ago we are not in the big five, that doesn't mean I should accept the mediocrity and small time mentality placed upon us by this board.
Napoleon said
“I know he's a good general, but is he lucky?”
We both want the same we just differ in the way we got to this point. It may be good management by Bill to appoint these managers when he did and moreover to stick with them and the plan when others called for an ever turning knee jerk management door.

Just wait until a hot dog seller walks through the St end selling boss hot dogs to half cut blues during a midweek night game.

Scenes.

bipedalism is for communists. relax... you'll soon be liberated
screen_shot_2013-11-04_at_7.58.43_pm.png

Apologizes if any of this information has been posted.

Moores owned a stake of the Padres from 1994-2012. I'm providing a link that goes back to 1998 comparing the San Diego Padres payroll rank in the MLB (Major League Baseball), I'll provide another link that you can search from year to year if anyone is that interested.

Padres spending starting in 1998- http://www.stevetheump.com/Payrolls.htm
Padres spending starting in 1994- http://www.thebaseballcube.com/extras/payrolls/?Page=Team&Y=1994&T=24

Here is the average wage bills for the BPL going back to 2013-2014
BPL wage bills- http://www.totalsportek.com/money/english-premier-league-wage-bills-club-by-club/

Various wage/spending- http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-wages-your-club-5729730

Just for fun here's a link to what everyone can expect to eat after the takeover :eek:
http://sandiego.eater.com/2014/3/31/6252701/where-to-eat-at-petco-park-home-of-the-padres

Noell, I'm not that familiar with other than the horse racing, and Padres ties.

Those links honestly mean nothing in regards to the takeover. I just found Moores spending habits interesting. I'm not a big baseball guy, but other than a good year here and there the Padres have been mediocre to bad. I'm in the wait and see crowd, only because I don't want to be doom and gloom.

Lots of interesting comments on the Match Of The Day post on Facebook this afternoon, lots of none Evertonians and nearly everyone saying they hope this dosen't happen for our sake.
Still can't help but think most blues are blinded by wanting to see the back of Kenwright and not thinking about what might happen in the future if we get taken over by these guys.

But how would that effect the players and how they performed on match day?It's like saying our recent run of losing points from winning positions was caused by Kenwrights (alleged) health problems.

Because without pumping money in and the club having to stagnate during the period surrounding his divorce the quality of the playing staff diminished mate, happens a lot in the cyclic nature of American sports anyway - especially after a team does well for a few years - the draft sees to that

I wouldn't trust kenwright to sell me a sandwich nevermind selling a football club to the right people

"Well why don't you give me your sixteen cents you got on you and we'll put your sandwich on layaway. There you go, keep it right up here for you, We'll put you on a program. Everyday you bring your six cents and at the end of the week you'll get your sandwich."

So let me get this right, the yanks are coming in and going to sell Stones/Rom/Barkley. They are going to sell hot dogs in the park end, they are going to cripple us with debt. Then they are going to ride into the sunset. But like Kenwright Woods and Earl if you ask me.

Someone once said "The Greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world, he didn't exist, and like that he's gone"

I must have dreamt the last 16 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back